Behind The Mist

What does it take to get yourself land in hell? No. It's not a lie.

 An incomplete truth. 

That is what can make your life turn into hell.

Swayam was lying on the bed with his eyes wide open. Sharon's words were ringing in his ears. Everything was so perfect between them until a few days back and now her words pierced his heart. A part of him wanted to hug her tight and tell her every damn thing but he knew that was not possible. Not in this condition of hers. Hurting Sharon was the last thing he would ever want to do but he had no choice.  She was his wife and she was carrying his baby and she deserved every bit of his care, protection and his love but he wasn't able to even stand in front of her. The hurt in her eyes, those questions, that flickering hope that keeps on floating in her iris, the love which comes out with the pool of her tears was something which made him feel helpless and torn. He wanted to love her and she deserved that, only if could bring himself to give her that. 

A sudden rush of anger filled him from within. He hasn't given it much thought because he was way too involved in his own mess but the question was how all of this actually came into focus? 

Those pictures? How come they were captured? And why is Sharon involved in all this? Why it all was sent to her?

His mind jolted. Was this some entire cheap plan?  Swayam's head was suddenly aching. He wanted answers but he didn't know from where he should start. He didn't have any idea. There was so much at stake. His life, his reputation, his family, his child and most importantly Sharon.  What the truth will do to her? Stress was something not good for her in this condition. But after what ever had happened he cannot keep her away from it. It was impossible. Even if he tells her the truth he was not sure how she was going to deal with it. 

Truth is hard, it always is. 

But it is important too. He reminded himself.

The pain in his head grew more acute and he closed his eyes in an attempt that it will close down his thoughts too.

He knew he was not ready to tell her anything which is even remotely close to the reality. It was harsh like summer loo'  hitting your face.

                                                   ******************

It had been two weeks to that incident. Sharon had made it very clear that she didn't want to talk to him or even be with him in the same room. They had hardly seen each other in the two weeks and both had different reasons for it. Sharon's ignorance towards him was affecting her health because she would refuse to eat food and medicines given by him and calling his mother everyday was out of question. 

"I don't want mom to think there is anything wrong between us. She would be really tensed. So do not call her again."  Sharon had clearly mentioned him when he had tried to warn her about calling mom again.

It was a difficult situation but Swayam was not ready to compromise on her health. So he had called Samentha , Sharon's best friend. 

"Sam???"

"Sharonnn. . . Oh My God! Woman, I am very upset with you. You are going to be a mother and you didn't even inform me? Thank God for Swayam who called me and told me."

"What? Swayam told you?"

"Yes. . . Well Sam totally deserved to know." Swayam smiled at Sam and then looked at Sharon. Her eyes were searching his for answers for this new drama.