09. Perishable

Jade's P.O.V

   "Are you feeling better?" Derek asked me as he went upstairs to our other bedroom over the loft. I shook my head.

   "Did they leave?" He nodded. "I overheard everything. I think I know what he is, look at my family's records." A guy named Parrish came over our loft with Scott and Lydia. He told Derek that someone tried to burn him alive, but he didn't die. There aren't many supernatural beings who don't die when they get burned, but I have an idea.

   "When you'll get better." He smiled at me. This is important to me, but I know I don't want to argue with Derek right now. "Do you want me to help you go downstairs? Scott wants to see you." I nodded, and he helped me get up from bed. We walked down the stairs.

   "Jade... What happened?" Scott asked me as he saw me. He had a worried look on his face. Scott and his friends are going through so many things they shouldn't be going through. They need to spend their teenage years having fun instead of fighting to save people. Not that it's a bad thing, but if it weren't for Kate, maybe they wouldn't have been going through this. Maybe if our families would've been alive, Scott would've never been bitten. Maybe Derek and I would've protected Beacon Hills like we were supposed to, with our families. Maybe if the Argents were like Chris, they could've understood us, and Deucalion wouldn't have formed the alpha pack. So many things could've changed if Kate wouldn't have used Derek. Derek helped me sit down on a chair.

   "I'm sick." It's somehow related to the pregnancy. I've never been sick in my life. I don't know how humans go through this, but this is one of the worst feelings I've had in my body.

   "I made you some tea." Derek put it on the table next to me, smiling to me.

   "Thank you." I greeted. Scott walked next to our bed and saw Derek's gun next to the bed, underneath his jacket. He reached to it.

   "Careful with that." Derek warned him. 

   "I thought you didn't like guns." Scott muttered. This feels like deja vu. "Does this have something to do with your eyes?"

   "My eyes, my strength, the healing... All of it." Scott's face expression was stunned. I felt a pinch in my heart when Derek said that... I'm repeating myself all the time, but... He can't die. He's not dying.

   "Gone?" I can't imagine myself raising our child without him.

   "Whatever Kate did to me, it's still happening." I sighed, and Derek looked at me. He saw how upset I was to hear this.

   "If the dead-pool really was made by a Banshee then there's something else that you should know about." Scott began. But what he said next... I was never prepered for that. "Your name broke the third list. It was a cipher key." No way. This can't be happening.

   "And the two other keys were Allison and Aiden." I can't sit quiet with everything they talk. Derek's not going to die. I won't let it happen. 

   "And I... I don't want to make you nervous, but it kind of feels like there might be a pattern there, doesn't it? Allison, Aiden... You." 

   "Names picked by a Banshee."  I felt a huge lump in my throat as the tears fought to escape my eyes. Why are they doing this to me? I wanted to get up. Get up and leave. I couldn't hear that.

   "It... It could mean that you're in danger." I took a deep breath. I won't allow this. Never. Derek's not going to die, I don't know how many times I can say this? I felt my heart pump faster. I felt nervous. I felt angry. I was overwhelmed. I can't deal with this. I don't think I can handle this.

   "Scott, Banshees don't predict danger. They predict death."

   Getting up from my seat, I raised my voice, saying "Stop!" The tears rolled down my cheeks. I felt a little dizzy and Derek noticed that, so he helped me sit back down. "You're not going to die, no matter what Banshees say. I'm going to save you from what Kate did to you, and Scott's going to help us."

   "Jade-"

   "No, Derek. You promised me you'll fight. If not for me, fight for our baby. I won't live in a reality where you don't exist." Derek kneeled next to me and cleaned my tears. "You want to know what I saw in my vision?" He didn't respond. "I saw you turn into a wolf. My visions are never wrong." He sighed, looking down. "Believe me. Why don't you believe me??" I could see the disbelief in his eyes. I don't get why he doesn't believe me? He knows my visions are always right. We can't change them.

   "She's right." Scott spoke. "Her visions are never wrong. There's no way we're going to give up, Derek. You have a child on the way, how do you let yourself act like this?" He turned to look at Scott. I felt a bit surprised to see Scott by my side like this. I'm thrilled. I need someone to help me keep Derek safe. I'm sure he'll evolve, it's a matter of time.

   "Because I know what I feel inside." I got up from my seat, not willing to hear this anymore. Derek, on the other hand, didn't allow me to walk on my own. "Sit down, you're not feeling well."

   "I'll listen to you when you'll listen to me." My head was spinning and I'm sure I was about to fall any moment now, but I refused to be held by him, so I removed his hand from me. Derek, however insisted. "Derek."

   "Ignore this subject for a moment and listen to me. You're too sick to resist me, stop refusing my help. I'm here for you-"

   "I can say the same about you, but you're too strong-minded and can't accept what I'm telling you." I tried looking at him, but it was hard to move. I tried to keep myself standing. If it wasn't for his hold, I would've fallen down already.

   "I'm sorry-"

   "You're saying this only because of my hormones and I don't want this to lead you into saying things you think I want to hear." Scott's probably feeling uncomfortable being in the middle of our fight. But I couldn't take it anymore.

   "No, I'm not. Stop doing this, stop acting this way."

   "No, both of you stop acting like idiots!" Scott exclaimed. "You, Derek, start believing in her and what she tells you, because if she claims you're going to live then you are. Stop looking at facts, this is the supernatural world and things constantly change. And you, Jade, of course he's trying to please you. You're pregnant and you're going through a lot because you're carrying a child. He only wants to please you."

   "The only thing that'll make me feel better is the moment he understands he's going to live." Scott rolled his eyes and smiled. Why is he smiling?

   "You two are so perfect for each other, I don't even know what to say anymore." He sighed, sitting down.

   "What does this have to do with out fight?" Scott walked towards me and held my hand, helping me heal from my sickness. I felt emotional to see him do so much for me. Making me heal? How loving of him... I love how much he cares about me.

   "I think it's time that you both calm down. Don't ruin the way you both made for your relationship. Even if Derek dies," My eyes widened. "Not that he will, but if he does, would you prefer spending your time together fighting or be there next to each other?" Derek and I looked at each other. Scott's right, huh?