03. FireFlies

Jade's P.O.V

   "Wh-what do you want?" I stuttered.

   "I want you to join me." Join him? Who does he think he is? That man caged my brother. He neglected me after the fire. I despise him.

   "I will never join you. I'm pretty sure my dad wouldn't want me to join your killer pack, you psycho."

   "Your father is dead and his opinion doesn't matter anymore." Ugh! He makes my blood boil.

   "My father is your big brother and you should give him respect even though he's dead."

   "After what Gerard did to me he denied every existence of us being brothers. Do you really think that I care what he thinks or says?" I rolled my eyes. He was always envy of my dad. It's not my dad's fault that Deucalion is a fanatic. "Just as I thought. Take her."

   "What? No! No!" I screamed as the twins grabbed me. I shifted, and got out of their grip after a short fight. I don't want to be a part of this. I'll do anything I can to stray away from him. I'll die before I join him.

   "What the hell?" One of them asked. They probably never seen a werejaguar.

   "Her brother is a werewolf. How come she-" I attacked them, but they kicked me and I fell down. They turned into one by connecting each other. Oh, no. They can change into a voltron wolf. Fucking twins... I tried attacking them again but they pushed me over. They barely used force on me. Oh, this isn't a fair game.

   "Never play games with me, Jade. Family sticks together." Deucalion responded.

   "You are not family." I spat, and the twins knocked me out with a single punch. My head felt dizzy and then it hit the floor, and I saw only darkness. Fuck. I'm done with that bastard.

   I woke up next to the vault, and of course, I was tied up. I noticed a body next to me. Erica. I gasped. Fuck, he didn't take me? This must be my lucky day.

   "Great, you woke up." It was the same girl who created the seal. What is she doing here? Don't tell me she saved me... "I need to get you out of here as quick as we can."

   "Who are you?"

   "My name is Marin Morell. I'm Deaton's sister." She removed my ties and helped me leave the vault. "They poisoned you after you passed out." She explained to me while we were exiting the place.

   "Wha-what?" Fuck, I don't want to go through this... He is a psychopath, he is dangerous and getting involved with him is nothing I want.

   "Yeah. You'll be weak for a couple of hours." She informed me and got me out of the bank. I heard Derek howl. My heart ached. Oh, no. He was in a fight. I feel so much sympathy towards him even through we're currently fighting. She helped me on her motorcycle.

   "Wait," She didn't listen to me. That only made her drive faster. "I need to s-save Derek..." After a few minutes we arrived at the animal clinic. I can't be here. I need to help them. They need my help. What if Boyd, Max and Cora are ripping them apart?

   "We're closed." Deaton informed, and he looked at Marin. "What are you doing here?"

   "I saved her from the alphas." She put me on one of the chairs, and left.

   "What were you doing there?" He asked me.

   "Deucalion..." I murmured. "He wanted me to join to his pack and I refused to." He nodded. He's well familiar with my family's history. "He poisoned me. I-I-" He noticed some black ooze coming out of me.

   "He used wolfsbane. I can see scars on your skin. You body is trying to heal but unsuccessfully. I think he injected wolfsbane to your body. Let me help you. Come with me." He helped me get up and took me to the operating room. I laid on the operation table and Deaton started to get the wolfsbane out of me. Fuck, it ached. I groaned and screamed at the pain, crying as I felt everything. And then I felt the urge to let out a banshee scream, aching through my body. So I screamed.

   "Are you okay?" Deaton asked me. He wasn't finished yet and I used his help to get a grip. Only that I shallowly scratched him... But we both know that something bad is happening to Scott and Derek. "I'll finish it up." He stitched up my wounds and I put on my jacket. I need to get to the school as fast as I can.

   "I must go." I got up. I almost tripped down when I walked out, but I had to make sure that everything is okay with everyone. With much force, I left the animal clinic, walking by my instincts.

   I arrived at Scott's high school as I sensed his scent there, and got inside. I heard a lot of noise coming from the boiler room, so I ran as fast as I could and saw Scott blocking the door.

   "What the hell is happening?" I asked.

   "What the hell hapened to you? You don't look well, Jade." He responded.

   "That's not important right now. Tell me that Derek isn't inside." Scott avoided my eyes. "I can't believe it..." I felt a pinch in my heart. I care too much for him. Fuck, I can't believe I'm willing to sacrifice myself for him... "I need to get inside." I demanded. Scott didn't look like he liked that idea. But it's not for him to decide.

   "You're hurt." Scott told me. "Derek would hate me if I let you inside-"

   "Scott, I will stop them even if it'll be the last thing I'll ever do." I interrupted what he said. "Now get me in!" I ordered.

   "No." Scott raised his voice. I glared at him. "You're in my pack, okay? I make the orders."

   "I'll resist you and get inside."

   "No! Do you want to fight about it?" Scott asked. I shifted as a response.

   "I'm going to tear you apart if you won't get me inside."

   "Try me." Scott shifted too. However, I was so weak that my body shifted back. It felt like someone threw stones at me. Shit.

   We heard someone saying that the sun is coming up. Scott and I opened the door, and got inside. Derek was there, and he was injured badly. He looked like he was about to faint. Oh, no. I tried walking towards him, but I tripped down, struggling with pain. I should go back to Deaton. Something's wrong.

   "There's a teacher. I'll take care of her. Get them out of here." He went to help her as I squirmed on the floor. I can't believe he ignored me like that. He helped the teacher get out and I used that opportunity to take off. I used all the force I could to get out. I could feel the wolfsbane running through my blood and I fought as hard as I could to hide somewhere. After walking for something that felt like hours, I arrived at my old house. That old burnt house. I have nowhere to go but here. What used to be my home is now nothing but some burnt wood.