01. Omega

Jade's P.O.V

   Scott was out again. He didn't tell me where he was headed, but he told me that he'll be back soon. I've been living in his house since I have nowhere to go to right now. I'm still unsure whether I want to stay in Beacon Hills or move out. At least my friendship with Scott is strong. I've been mentoring him and helping him since he's still a newbie. His mom is amazing. She cares about him so much... He's lucky to have a mother like her.

   I read a book in Scott's room. That's what I do all day long. I have nothing else to do. I'm stuck here since I'm hiding from Derek. I've reached the phase where I can't stand him anymore. I'm done with him. His ego has grown so much... He doesn't care about anyone anymore. He became heartless and it aches me to see him that way.

   I suddenly heard a banshee scream. Huh? There's a banshee in town?

   "Did you hear that?" I asked Scott as he walked inside his room. He nodded, looking worried. That doesn't mean well.

   "I did... It's Lydia, if you remember her."

   "I do." But then I noticed that he was half naked. I can't believe he snuck out to see Allison again.

   "You went to Allison's house again?" I crossed my arms, and he looked down, sighing. "Aren't you afraid of her dad?" 

   "I am, but I love her." He smiled. "I'm willing to take that risk." He's so in love... He makes teenage romance seem adorable. Well, maybe it's perfect for some people. He put on some clothes and walked towards the door of his room.

   "Are you going?" He nodded. "Okay." I replied and he left. I went back to read my book until I got tired and went to sleep. I sleep on a mattress of Scott's floor since that's all Scott's mom had for me, but it more than generous of her to do all she does for me, when she doesn't even know me. It didn't take me too much to fall asleep. Usually I can't sleep at night, afraid that Derek might come to Scott's house. Since I left him, he had been searching for me.

   I walked in the woods, alone. The only sound that could be heard was that sound of the leaves crushing on the ground when I walked on them.

   Something pulled me back.

   "You know, I hate seeing you and Derek not together." I heard Peter's voice. Why the hell is he here? I don't want to see him. I turned to look at him.

   "What do you want?" Is he trying to manipulate my dreams? I don't like it when dead people don't want to stay dead. Especially when they know how to get to my mind.

   "Thought I might say hello. We  didn't get to catch up in the 2 times we saw each other." He sighed. "I have a surprise for you." He snapped his fingers.

   The forrest started burning with fire. I could hear screams in my head. The Hales' and my family's screams were ringing in my head. Oh, God. Make it stop. I must make it stop. A scream was trying to force out of me, but I fought to stop it. It's just a dream. It's just a dream, Jade. Don't let him get inside your head. You're stronger than this. Fuck, I could hear them call my name to help them. I let out a banshee scream.

   I must wake up. Jade, wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up, Jade! Wake up!

   "Jade, wake up!" I opened my eyes and sat down, panting. I was sweating. Someone was holding my head. I looked up and saw Scott. Oh, God. "You were screaming. Are you okay??"

   "Yeah. I-I'm totally fine." I responded, noticing a figure behind the door. Oh, no. He found me. Scott didn't seem to believe me too much, but his eyes seemed tired.

   "Okay. I'm going to sleep. I brought you some water if you want." He's going to sleep? What time is it? I looked at the clock on his nightstand. 1am? I mentally sighed. It felt like it was a few minutes, but it's been hours. This probably scared him.

   "T-thanks." He got back to bed, and I placed my hands on my face. How am I going to deal with Derek now? I waited for Scott to fall asleep and then I got up from the mattress, taking Derek outside of Scott's room. "What are you doing here?"

   "I can't..." He began, grabbing my hand. "I can't leave you like this." I don't care. He needs to leave.

   "I already told you, Derek. Do not get close to me." I reminded him. I don't want him next to me anymore. I don't feel comfort in being next to him after everything he has done. He's been acting like an insensitive asshole.

   "Jade..."

   "Leave." He sighed, crossing his arms. 

   "I've started to build my pack. You're always welcomed to join." My eyes widened, and my blood was boiling. I... I can't believe he bit someone. This isn't like him. He changed... I don't like seeing him that way. I don't trust him.

☼  

   Derek kept letting himself inside Scott's home. He kept watching me at night, making me feel uncomfortable. There were nights when I couldn't sleep because of his presence. Fuck, who am I kidding? I can't sleep anymore.

   I walked down the stairs to the kitchen as I heard someone say "Good morning." to me. I panicked. He will never leave me alone, now that he knows I'm here.

   "What don't you understand in leave me alone?" I asked him.

   "I need to tell you something." I rolled my eyes. I really don't want to hear. "Gerard's in town. He killed an Omega last night." My eyes widened. Shit. That's not good. He's worse than Kate. Scott should keep himself away from Allison. It's too dangerous for him. "Help Scott make the right decision. You two should join my pack."

   "We won't join you. I want you out of our lives."

   "Gerard will try to kill you, you know that."

   "He doesn't need to know that I'm alive." Derek chuckled, shaking his head in disagreement.

   "You didn't see Gerard yesterday. He declared war. Their code, it doesn't exist anymore. If he finds out you're in Beacon Hills, he'll go after you until he'll catch you. Don't forget that he's 10 times worse than Kate." I know that too well. "I'm giving you the opportunity to join my pack and save yourself. We're stronger in numbers."

   "You think that you and your beta can save me?" He nodded. I can't believe him. "You should get out. You know how powerful I can become." He shook his head, rolling his eyes.

   "Stop acting like that. You can't take care of yourself."

   "Stop underestimating me." I hit his chest and continued with my errands. I'm tired of seeing him here. I don't want to see him anymore. I wish him gone from my life. I've had enough fighting for our relationship. I'm done.