06. Motel California

Derek's P.O.V

   "Wow. I really missed this car." I mumbled. The air was so thick, I could cut it with a knife. I had to make everything a little easier. She probably went through the worst few hours. She didn't stop crying.

   "Can you try taking it seriously?" She wept as she looked at me. I inhaled deeply. Yeah, she probably suffered because of me, as usual. I don't want that for her. "I think we should go to Deaton's, you needs to heal-"

   "No, you're taking me home. You can take care of me."

   "Do you think I can??" She lifted a bit of her shirt and I saw 3 long scratches that were sewed up.

   "Who did that to you?"

   "Deucalion." I sighed. Of course he did. Does he think he'll convince her to join his pack by hurting her? My poor baby... I don't want others to hurt her. I don't want to hurt her either. I was her to be happy and safe.

   "I'm sorry, but I only trust you." She looked away, still crying. "Please." She sighed, knowing I'm stubborn.

   "Fine." She started the car and began driving to the loft. She didn't speak at all. I could see the anger in her eyes.

   "Are Cora and Max at the loft?" I had to break the ice. I need to soften her. I can see how much in pain she is. I don't want her to feel the way she does. I know I'm making matters hard for her, but I care for her so much... I love her. Even with crying face, puffy and red eyes and nose... She looks perfect. She is the love of my life, I'm sure of it.

   "No."

   "Are you angry with me-"

   "I can't believe it took you so long to come to me-"

   "Jade, I can barely walk. I've been walking to get you for so many hours... You can't blame me. You can't stay angry like that." She continued to stay quiet. She cares a lot, that's why she's like this. On the other hand, my whole body was aching. That idiot, Ennis. I'm glad he's dead. The alphas are going to be busy in everything revolving him. It'll give me time to heal before they strike another attack.

   We arrived at the loft's building.

   "I'll help you out." She informed and walked to my side, helping me out of the car. We slowly walked inside the building and then into the loft. She kept giving me the silent treatment. She's overthinking everything now and that's not good. We need to talk. I need to know what's on her mind.

   "Talk to me, please." She helped me sit down on the bed.

   "I don't know what to say. How can I talk to you as if nothing happened?" She's right... But what can I do?

   "I missed you, Jade." She sighed, looking down.

   "I'm going to bring some first-aid stuff to help you heal-"

   "Wait. Stop avoiding me."

   "I don't know what to say." She repeated. What can I do to make her talk to me? "I'll be back in a second, don't move." It's not like I can move. Waiting for her, I felt my wounds burning and I bit my lips to endure it. Why am I not healing? This doesn't make sense. I mean, I know the fall was strong but that doesn't mean I'm supposed to stay in this situation. I need her to help me.

   She walked back with everything she needed. She helped me take my shirt off and she threw it on the floor. Soaking a towel with some alcohol, she placed it on my wounds, making my body burn even more. "Ah!" I screamed. "I'm not human, why would I need you to sanitize my wounds??"

   "Just zip it." She ordered and continued, making me continue my suffering. I probably deserve this. "I kept getting angry at myself for not forgiving you before we went out to fight the alphas. I was mad that I had let you trip down when I could've saved you."

   "You weren't able to."

   "It doesn't matter anymore. You're alive." She didn't sound too happy while saying that. Actually, her voice cracked a bit. Was she about to cry again? Well, I can't blame her.  I've been bad to her. She has mixed feelings.

   "But that's the whole point, Jade. I'm alive. Why are you so stuck on being shocked that I'm alive? It's a good thing-"

   "You were dead to me almost an hour ago. I need time to-"

   "What? Understand that it's really me?" She sighed, looking down. Maybe I was too sassy towards her, but it's because of the alcohol that she's putting on my very deep wounds. I moved the towel from my body and pulled her closer, hugging her. Her body was shaking and she burst into tears. It ached me to see her like this. "I'm sorry for everything you've been through because of me."

   "If you get hurt like this again, I don't know how I'll survive."

   "Of course you'll survive."

   "I can't lose you."

   "You won't. I'll keep us both safe." We continued to stay like this for a few moments until she decided to get back to work and sew my wounds to get me to heal.

   "That's it. I'm done." She sniffed and cleaned her remaining tears. She got up to fix everything back in the box and then she replaced it.

 She got up to fix everything back in the box and then she replaced it

   "Come sit next to me." I requested, and she did as I asked.

   "Can we just lie down next to each other until we fall asleep?" I nodded, and we did. We stayed quiet next to each other, sometimes I stole some glances at her, seeing the pain in her eyes. I wish she'd know that everything I do is for her. Even if it's behind her back- it's for her. I'm not sure how happy she is with me, but I want her to be the happiest. I wish we could have more moments like this one. We barely get to just be together, alone. Beacon Hills isn't a place where we'll stay for too long. Our relationship was much healthier when we were out of here. This place lures danger and it puts us into too much stress. I think we'll have to move away some time soon.

   I felt my wounds start to heal as she held me tighter. "Jade-"

   "You're healing." Her shaky hands traced my healing wounds. "Finally..." She gladly whispered.

   "You're even more worried than I am."

   "Always were."

   "Can I kiss you?" I asked her. I felt desperate for her touch and care. I wanted something physical. Something to help me feel her love to me. "Or you're still mad at me-" She looked at me and stroked my cheek.

   "You're a real asshole, Derek. And as much as I don't want to, I love you. Way more than I should. I missed you and I just want you to be my Derek again." I nodded.

   "I'm trying my best, Jade. I'm working hard to be as best as I can for you. No one can help me and teach me better than you."

   "But I'm not a teacher. I'm not a psychologist and I'm not supposed to help you that way. I'm your partner, love..." I know. I know she's right... "Try to remember that." She connected our lips to a short, soft kiss. I'm a fool for her.