04. The Benefactor

Derek's P.O.V

   I got called by the sheriff to come over to the hospital. I waited for the deputies to leave so I could talk to him. I listened to him talk with the deputies. He doesn't understand what's going on, but he clearly understands this isn't some usual criminals... 

   "Uh, I guess you've been there long enough to hear we need to be quick about this." He commented as he noticed me. "Scott said he called himself a wendigo." 

   "Cannibalistic shape-shifters." I confirmed as I looked at the body. "But I haven't heard of them in Beacon Hills for a long time. Must have been well-hidden." I tried picking up a scent and investigate a little. "How many people did Scott say were up here?"

   "Just Sean and the axe-murderer who apparently has no mouth. You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?" I stepped up to the ledge and spotted blood. 

   "There was someone else. Someone young. And male." I informed him by what I noticed.

   "You can smell his fear?" He asked.

   "And his blood." I added.

   I've extracted the axe from Peter's chest that the murderer stuck in him. I can't say he didn't deserve this... He got extra bitchy lately.

   "The axe was laced with wolfsbane. I don't know the species so I'm going to have to burn it out." I flicked open the lighter I was holding. Jade chuckled. I can understand why it's amusing. It's ironic.

   "I think I can handle a little fire." I made a pleased face and then used the lighter to light a blowtorch. Peter's face dropped and Jade seemed thrilled about it. She deeply hates Peter, huh? "Ah, hell." I applied the blowtorch and Peter screamed. After I was done, he fell to the floor in agony, but I offered him a hand and pulled him up. "He said he was after you and Jade."

   "How does a guy with no mouth say anything?" I was confused.

   "With this." Peter showed me a glove with a keyboard that he somehow has. Well, this might a be a lead.

☼ 

   I brought the glove to the station to show Stilinski.

   "I still don't get ho this guy has no mouth. How can he eat?" I mentally face-palmed myself. Not important for me right now. I want to know why he's after Jade and I.

   "Peter didn't get a chance to ask. He was fighting him off with a tomahawk buried in his chest." I answered.

   "Who runs around with a tomahawk?" That's what he's focusing on?

   "I carried one for IED removal in Afghanistan." One of his deputies joined our conversation. "It's military. And so is that." He pointed at the glove.

   "Do you know what it's used for?" The Sheriff asked him. 

   "Well, this one looks like it's been modified." The Sheriff and I exchanged looks and the Sheriff went to close the door.

   "Show us." The Sheriff ordered him, and he got on the computer.

   "Okay, I think I got an IP address." He claimed.

   "That means we can find him, right?"

   "Definitely. Especially if-" We heard a noise. I hope it's not something bad because I won't be able to go through anything right now.

   "What was that?" I asked. The glove twitched. Huh, thank God it's only the glove.

   "I think I found a message. Does anyone recognize the handle Benefactor?"