Friends

Hya was so tired the next day, she couldn't concentrate on her transfiguration lessons and the water that they had to turn into wine didn't react on her spells. Instead, the water whirled around in her cup, restless, just like Hya felt. The urge to throw it in her own face to keep herself awake was very much present, but she could sustain herself from doing it.

Jasmine was already doing her second cup of water. Normally Hya was very good at transfiguration, but now her talent had left her, somehow.

Eldry came to look at their proceedings. "No good luck, I see?" she asked Hya when she looked into the swirling water.

"No..." Hya's voice sounded unfamiliar, even for herself, and the shock of hearing it had stopped her from saying something else.

"Are you okay?  You look tired." Eldry scanned Hya, who indeed looked horrible. 

"No. I don't think so." 

Eldry placed a hand on Hya's cheek and looked into her eyes with a look Hya didn't understand. 

"Go to madame Pomfrey for me, will you?"

The hospital wing was a five minute walk from the Transfiguration classroom, but Hya didn't want to go. This would be the very first time she would really enter, and she wasn't as sick as she looked. It was just the shock of having read that article, she said to herself.

But even if that was the reason, why did she feel so tired even a good nights sleep wouldn't be enough? She had slept that night. She had eaten. What else could it be?

And then it hit her and she turned around. She wouldn't go to the hospital wing, because the reason she was so white and tired was because she had been.... shot.

With an arrow. In her stomach.

She had already lost a lot of blood before the wound had healed, that was probably the reason. 

How could you get, well, new blood? Or new energy?

In the kitchen! Of course. She walked towards the Entrance Hall, but after she had arrived, she didn't know where to go. 

Then she heard a female voice.

"When I study I like something to eat, so yes, I am going to get something."

A blonde girl appeared, descending the stairs with books in her arms, a boy following her.

"If you are going to eat so much, you will get... well..."

"Less attractive? I don't care. I'm not a Hufflepuff for no reason."

The girl saw Hya and smiled. She looked polite and had a weirdness hanging around her, but she also looked smart with her glasses and the heavy books she was holding against her chest, as to protect them. 

"Hello, I don't think I know you?" She said. Hya shaked her head.

"I am Jadzia. Fourth year, hufflepuff, like I said. You seem nice." Jadzia giggled and turned to a side corridor. 

"Are you heading for the kitchen?" Hya asked quietly.

Jadzia turned around and smiled. "Yes, want to see it?" 

"Of course!" Hya didn't get why she had so much luck all of a sudden.

"Well, then, follow me!"

They walked to the end of the corridor, down the stairs, and into another corridor, where a painting with fruit hanged. 

"Where is it?" Hya asked, feeling like she had been tricked.