The Sorting Hat

It was magnificent. A thousand lights glistened behind the so many windows, the outlines of the castle shining in contrast with the dark sky, making it mysteriously beautiful. Hya couldn't resist gaping at it, but had to stop because Hagrid led them to a few little wooden boats, which Hya hadn't noticed yet.

"Three in one boat, hurry up! We're already late!" Hagrid shouted over the crowd.

Hya, Jasmine and Nikki wanted to go in the same boat, but everything had already a companion, so they had to split up. Nikki got herself in a boat with a girl who looked disgusted and a boy who seemed very confident, his head up and arms on the edge of the boat. Hya saw that she wasn't really happy with them, so she decided to change places. "

There are two girls in that boat, maybe you can get in there. Nikki sighed and thought about it, then nodded.

"But I will see you later." Hya called after her.

When Hya got inside the girl grunted and the boy looked up bored, then they both looked into nothing, preoccupied with themselves.

"Hurry up, please." Hagrid said, walking from boat to boat to see if everything went fine.

When he came to Hya's boat, he looked surprised. "Well, hello, you. Aren't you Hya Lane?"

Hya was now also surprised. "Er, well, that's what I'm called, but how do you know... that?" Curiosity bowled up inside her, and she waited for Hagrid to continue, but he didn't, and with that stepped into a boot which was reserved for him, and then, all the boats began to glide across the lake, the first years all saying "Wow!" and "Cool".

When they were moving, the confident boy looked Hya up and down, and a sneering smile came across his face. A bit embarrassed, Hya looked back, and the boy held out his hand. Hya slowly took it.

"I'm Olaf. I've heard that people 'call' you Hya Lane, isn't it?"

The other girl suddenly looked at Olaf and Hya, waiting for Hya's response.

"Auwaaahhhh .... er... I, I'm Hya." she said through gritted teeth, blocking the pain in her back. It was growing, pricking, irritating her, but she didn't want anyone to know.

"So it's true?" Olaf asked.

"What?"

"Are you really the baby they found in the house?"

"Wh- what? Which house? What are you talking about? Auw." And again, there was pain.

"You know, Edu Lane's house? Your father?" Olaf looked at her, disbelieving her ignorance. If he was her, he would want to know everything about it.

But Hya didn't understand. She was confused, and irritated by the pain in her back. She didn't want to think about the cause, that wouldn't help. She wished that she was in a boat with her new friends, or at least, she thought they were her friends. These two people in front of her were nothing like her, she thought.

"Alright, if you don't want to talk about it. Or maybe you're just a mudblood." Olaf said, smirking at her. "Why did I think you were from a wizarding family? It's obvious you've never heard of magic before you got a letter. You probably don't even know what's Quidditch!"

"You don't know what's Quidditch? Thank Merlin I'm not from a muggle family." the other girl said.

"But I know what's Quidditch!" Hya yelled, feeling stupid.

"Yeah, right. And I guess you know all about the Battle of Hogwarts, too." the girl smirked, and looked up at the castle. "Why is everyone so excited about going to Hogwarts? It's just a school."