"Can I ask you a question?" She inquired, looking up at colossal man. At first he didn't say anything and she thought he was just going to ignore her, but just as he untied the knot he opened his mouth, "What is it?" Rowan immediately noticed his voice was deep and practically reverberated through her bones. He then began wrapping the rope around his elbow and hand, creating a loop.

She swallowed, "Why have you been so kind to me?"

The man stopped coiling the rope and looked down at her stomach before starting with the rope again, "Considering you were at the Skabelse I assume it is possible you are with child. I have no problem with killing a man but I refuse to take part in taking an innocent life," he answered as if it were obvious. Rowan blushed at the thought by quickly hid it. She was about to tell him that she and Bjorn had yet become familiar with one another yet, but she stopped herself. If he thought that there was a chance could be with child she realize she might be able to use that to her advantage somehow.

"Can I ask another question?" She inquired, trying to change the subject. The man sighed but nodded as they walked back to the horses. "What is your name?"

The corner of his mouth rose at her inquisitive spirit, "Thorin." Rowan pursed her lips but said nothing as they arrived back to the others. She noticed Bjorn's lip was bleeding and was sure it was Caneo's doing.

The two captives were once again loaded back into the large iron cart and were fastened to the cage, gagged.

Once the men had removed all traces of their presence they headed off.

Hours passed before they stopped again and a light drizzle had started. Thankfully, Kacper had stopped the caravan and provided Rowan and Bjorn with coats made of sealskin, something neither had ever seen. They were amazed at how warm it was and how the water rolled off of them.

Once afternoon came around Rowan was surprised they did not stop for lunch and noticed they had picked up their pace. "I guess they are pressed for time," she thought to herself. Through out the day the men spoke in hushed tones to one another, where yesterday they couldn't stop laughing and blabbering how rich the would be once they handed them over to this so called Blanche woman.

By nightfall the drizzle had stopped and they had entered another forest. This one was littered with tall, skinny pine trees and a light fog had settled on the ground. It gave the woods a very sinister look and for once Rowan was glad she was in the cage.

The rode for a few more hours until the moon was high in the sky. Bjorn's stomach cramped once again for it's lack of food and his head throbbed as dehydration began.

Thankfully it was Earlander and Thorin who retrieved him and Rowan from the wagon and he was grateful they hadn't thrown him in the ground. They did however bring them forth to the fire once again and push them onto their knees before Kacper.

"Let's try this again shall we?" He asked the two kneeling before him. They both looked at each other, then back to Kacper, and said nothing. Neither wanted to give him the satisfaction of playing his so called game but they were curious as to what it was.

"Tomorrow evening we will arrive and I figured we should all have one last night of fun," Kacper said casually.

Rowan raised an eyebrow and looked at Bjorn once more. Fun?

Kacper snapped his fingers and Katir handed over a very large bottle of mead. "Have you ever played the drinking game mjød?"

The two shook their heads.

Kacer then poured three cups full of the dark brown liquid, smiling, "It's quite easy. We all say two things true about us and one lie. Who ever guesses wrong about one another has to drink their cup as fast as they can."

Rowan shook her head at him as he handed her a copper-toned mug, "I do not drink." Kacper tried to conceal his anger at her rejection. "No matter, me and young Bjorn will play," he said handing the second cup to him.

Bjorn shook his head as well, "I don't drink either," he said coldly, "and even if I did I would never drink with the likes of you."

Kacper growled deeply, trying to decide what to do with the boy. Suddenly he smiled, "You hear that boys? The Rorik said he didn't drink!"

The mercenaries laughed, excited to see where this would go.

Kacper's lips drew into a thin line, "Well you are going to start tonight," he said with a devilish grin. Bjorn's face flushed with confusion just as four of the men grabbed him and pinned him to the ground.

Rowan stood up and attempted to run over to him before Viktor grabbed her from behind. As she wiggled against his body a wicked plan formed in his mind.

"Leave him alone!" Rowan shouted, digging her elbows into Viktor's body in hopes that he'd release her. He only laughed and held her closer.

Bjorn struggles against the four men as Kacper squeezed his mouth open. "Some mead will put a few hairs on your chest and by the looks of it you need all the help you can get," he said patting Bjorn's tattoo that revealed itself through the greatly torn shirt.

Kacper then poured not one but two cups of mead down Bjorn's throat. At first he refused until someone pinched his nose, forcing him to swallow the drink. But soon he couldn't keep up and he felt as he was drowning as Kacper began dumping the third copper tankard, and started coughing. This only caused the men to laugh even more and Rowan yelled at them to stop.

On and on Kacper continued, pouring mug after mug of mead and ale down Bjorn's throat. After about the seventh one, he decided it was enough. "There, that should sprout a few hairs," he said, belting out with laughter.

Bjorn continued to cough and rolled onto his side, gasping for air. His stomach was empty and he was already feeling the effects of the spirits.

"Lock him in the cage and leave some bread and water for him," Kacper commanded Erlander. He nodded, then got Katir to help the carry Rorik.

Rowan shot daggers at Kacper, completely fed up with these savages. "What causes you to be so cruel? Have you no heart?!" She yelled, still in Viktors clutches.

Kacper only smiled and shrugged, "Trust me, I could be far worse lass." He then looked up at Viktor, "Put her up for the night."

Viktor nodded then slung Rowan over his shoulder and carried her to the wagon and tossed her inside, not bothering to tie her to the cage. Her hands were still bound which would be good enough until he would come back later tonight.

He locked the heavy door and joined his fellow friends as they drank more spirits by the fire.

Rowan immediately crawled over to the thick wall for Bjorn as he was now in her typical cage. "Bjorn are you okay?!" She asked, concerned. She could only make out a few audible words from him, "Just.....promise.....Rowan.....you."

"Bjorn can you just make sure you cover up with the sealskin tonight and sleep on your side?" She asked. She didn't want to freeze since he didn't have too nor choke on vomit if the mead made him retch during the night. She had to repeat herself a few more times until she heard movement that sounded like him dragging his coat on top of him.

With him taken care of as best as she could she decided she would get some sleep tonight. It was the first time she hadn't been bound to the bars and she would actually be able to lie down and have something to keep her warm.

Even with the loud men only a few yards away she drifted to sleep instantly.