Jealousy

Scorbus AU - Fourth Year 

Albus was idly stirring his potion, staring fixedly at the table where his cousin, Rose Granger-Weasley sat beside his best friend, Scorpius Malfoy. Albus had hoped for a long while that somehow, some way, Scorpius could become more that just his best friend but he wasn't sure it would ever happen. The Slytherins and the Gryffindors had Potions together all the time and Albus was always watching Scorpius and Rose. He was paying so little attention to his cauldron now, however, that he didn't notice when a plume of green smoke suddenly erupted before him. 
"Mr Potter!" Yelled his Potions professor and Albus suddenly leaped backwards, nearly knocking over Zachary Zabini who gave him a disgruntled look. 
"Add the cockroaches." Grunted Vincent Goyle from next to him and Albus nodded. 
"Thanks."
For the rest of the lesson Albus tried to focus on his potion but it was hard. Seeing Scorpius joking and laughing with Rose ripped a hole in him and ignited a dangerous flare of jealousy. 
       As the lesson came to an end, Albus hurried out of the class room and disappeared in a different direction to everyone else - he couldn't let anyone see him cry. Blindly, he pushed into an empty classroom, slammed the door shut and threw himself down onto a table. With wild abandon, he began to sob, not caring now if anyone heard him, he just needed to get it all out. 
       A few minutes later, when all of Albus' tears had dried but sobs still racked his body as he drew his knees up to his chest, the door slowly opened. A delicate hand pushed open the door and Albus held his breath momentarily but it turned out just to be Rose. 
"Al!" She trilled and flew over to her cousin. "Scorp's been looking for you, what's up?"
At the mention of Scorpius, Albus burst into tears again, his newly falling tears hot and wet against his cheeks. 
"I'm so sorry, Rose, I'm being silly." Albus croaked and Rose shook her head, gripping him even tighter and encouraging him to explain. "It's just I've liked Scorpius for such a long time and seeing you and him together in Potions just made me realise the fact that there's really no chance I could ever be with him and I don't want to ruin our friendship by saying anything."
"Al, honestly, you've got nothing to worry about! There's nothing going on between us, I can guarantee that. Sometimes you forget Scorp tells me things too and I promise, by the end of the month, you two will be dating." She winked and unwrapped herself from around Albus. "Anyway, I've got to get to Herbology, see you later!"
With that, she disappeared from whence she came and left Albus alone to think about what she had said.  

A week later, Albus sat back in his seat in Potions and glanced over at Rose and Scorpius. For the past week, Albus had tried his hardest to act normal around Scorpius but for some reason, it almost seemed like Scorpius was doing the same. It had been quite hard, however, as Rose kept making snide comments about Albus liking someone and was, to Albus' detriment, doing the same to Scorpius.  Albus had tried to push what Rose had told him to the back of his mind but whenever he was alone, the thoughts would occupy his mind. He saw that Rose was staring at him and she threw him a quick wink before turning to face Scorpius again. Now was one of those times that Albus' mind wandered and it meant that he didn't hear when his professor called his name. 
"Potter? Mr Potter?"

"Albus!" Hissed Vincent Goyle from his side.

"Yes?" Said Albus as he pulled his thoughts back.

"I asked you where you would look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?"

"The stomach of a goat, professor."

"Good, 10 points to Slytherin, and what is its use?"

"It can save you from most poisons."

"Good, another 10 points."

Albus slipped back into a day-dream after this interaction and stayed there, his mind racing, until the practical half of their lesson.

       The class was chatting in low voices as they poured ingredient after ingredient into their cauldron but Albus wasn't talking to anyone, save the few comments he made to Vincent about passing him ingredients and apologies for the disruptive nature of his live subjects. For the whole lesson his mind was on other things and he wasn't really focused,  at least not on anything specific until he heard his name being whispered between Rose and Scorpius. Albus' head whipped up and he caught sight of Rose smirking at Scorpius. And then, it happened. Scorpius said something that sent Albus' head spiralling and his heart racing and he said it loud enough for everyone to hear. 
"Oh for Goodness sake's, Rose!" He half shouted, catching everyone's attention. "You know what, next time, I just won't tell you when I have crushes! Sometimes, I wish I'd never told you I had a crush on Albus!"
Silence fell over the whole room. Everyone stared. Albus' jaw dropped. The bell rang. Everyone began filing out. Albus still stared. 

Falling over his feet, Albus Potter moved ungracefully into the Slytherin Common Room and threw himself down on a sofa by the window. He watched the giant squid pirouette through the water as he mulled over the last hour in his head. 
"Rose was right." He thought, amazed, and his heart began to race again. 
Behind him, he heard footsteps and his heart stopped - Scorpius. 
"Hey," Called a familiar voice and Albus forced himself to turn around. "can I talk to you?"
Nodding, Albus shuffled slightly to the side on the sofa to allow Scorpius to sit down.
"I guess I just wanted to ask you something." Albus was trying his hardest to stay conscious and not let his nerves get the better of him as Scorpius spoke. "I was thinking, well, maybe, only if you wanted to -"
"Spit it out, Malfoy." Joked Albus, his words coming out in quick short breaths, his nerves audible in his words. 
"Albus, do you maybe want to go on a date with me?"
Head spiralling again and heart racing, Albus Potter nodded vigorously and smiled at Scorpius. 
"I guess we've got Rose to thank?" He laughed and Scorpius laughed with him. 
It was almost like old times but now there were no secrets, no lies and no more hurt. Both of their feelings were out in the open and they were both better off for it. 

---------------------

Hey guys!

I hope you enjoy this! The idea was suggested by @multi-fabdom and I thought it was adorable so I hope you enjoy!

Today's question is: If you went to Hogwarts, what blood status would you be? I feel like I'd either love to be muggleborn just because being a muggleborn Slytherin is quite rare but then again being pureblood would be very cool because you would have grown up around it all but I would not be an asshole to muggleborns *cough cough* EVERY DAMN SLYTHERIN ON THE SECOND YEAR QUIDDITCH TEAM, YES I'M LOOKING AT YOU DRACO LUCIUS MALFOY *cough* 

But anyway, I hope you enjoy and check out my other books if you'd like! 

Remember, I love you and thank you for reading!

- Izzy xx