Shhh, it's a library!

Drarry AU ~ 3rd year

Harry was alone in library one Friday after lessons had finished, searching for a book that might help him with the laborious potions homework that Professor Snape had set. A pile of books was beginning to build up on the table as the Gryffindor pulled book after book off the shelves, not caring particularly where his unneeded books fell; he would clear them up later. The pile grew, as did Harry's frustration; he need to write an essay, covering two rolls of parchment, on the importance of, and where to find, a bezoar.

After clearing up the mess of books on the floor, Harry began to scan his way through the pile of books, flicking through page after page, book after book, and writing down anything remotely useful in his Potions essay. Once his hand had begun to cramp up and Harry was sure he had written enough to avoid a detention with his potions professor, the young boy stood up to begin placing his many books back on their respective shelves and heard footsteps enter the library but ignored it; students came in all the time. Continuing to replace the books onto the shelves (Harry knew that he could have done it with a simple flick of his wand but having been brought up with a muggle family, muggle tradition had stuck by him), the young Gryffindor listened to the footsteps as they drew closer and heard them stop a few times. Figuring that the footsteps were just another student revising, doing homework or, if they were anything like Hermione, reading a book just for the sheer fun of it (Harry grimaced at the mere thought of doing such a thing), he stood on his tip-toes to place his last book, the Book of Potions by Zygmunt Budge, back on the shelf in the B Section of the library  before peering through the shelves to see Madam Pince behind her desk, glasses balanced on the end of her nose as she flicked aimlessly through a book. Harry sighed and turned to grab his homework and bag from the table he was sat at when a pair of hands grabbed his waist from behind, stopping him from turning  but also standing in a place that meant Harry couldn't see who his attacker was. He opened his mouth to speak but suddenly one of the hands moved swiftly from his waist to over his mouth and he felt a presence next to his head before a cold, drawling voice that he knew all too well whispered in his ear. 

"Shh, Potter. It's a library." 

Draco Malfoy's voice was raw and monotonous as he pushed Harry forcefully back into the bookcase behind them, still keeping a hand cupped over his mouth as a few books fell from the shelves as they hit the bookcase. 

"Now, Potter, I'm going to take my hand away but if you say a word, you'll regret it, do you understand?" Malfoy's  whisper was authoritative, assertive and superior, spat in such a way that Harry felt obliged to listened and kept his mouth shut firmly shut as the pale boy removed his hand from over it. 

Harry's heart was thumping expeditiously, his breathing heavy but he tried to calm it, to not let Malfoy see his distress, or was it distress? The glasses resting on the bridge of Harry's nose began to slip but he didn't care, his green eyes flickered between Malfoy's silvery-blue ones as he tried to figure out what the hell was going on in his head. Surely he, Harry Potter, a Gryffindor, could not like him, Draco Malfoy, a Slytherin yet here he was pressed up between said Slytherin and an uncomfortable bookcase but some reason, unbeknownst to the young boy, he was enjoying it. Draco stared back at Harry, using his free hand to push the other boy's slipping glasses back up to the bridge of his nose before quickly dropping his hand, a slight pink tint staining his pale cheeks. Little did Harry know but Draco's heart thumped loudly against his chest, worrying him in much same way as his own, his mind racing with much the same questions and his heart, deep down, feeling much the same way. 

"Malfoy?" Harry asked nervously, his voice breaking. "W-"

Suddenly, a spark of enthusiasm and confidence lit inside Draco and he pressed his lips firmly against Harry's, stopping the black haired boy mid-sentence. Momentarily, Harry was stunned but he soon began to enjoy it, kissing Malfoy back before he pulled away, staring into Harry's green eyes,  a look of shock plastered on his gaunt face. Harry moved one of his hands slowly onto Draco's neck, followed by his other and he felt Draco move his hands onto the shorter boy's waist before leaning down to connect their lips again, confidence filling him up as Harry kissed him back, running one of his hands through his short blond hair. The two boys were so caught up in each other's presence that they didn't hear the footsteps enter the library, they didn't hear the footsteps draw closer to them, however they did hear the alerting cough of Professor McGonnagall. The Deputy Headmistress looked over her spectacles at the two boys who were staring shamefully at her, their arms dangling limply by their sides as she stalked towards them, grabbing hold of their robes and dragging them from the library.

"Potter, I'll deal with you."  Professor McGonnagall shrilled as she trotted down the corridor, still dragging the boys by their robes. "As for you Malfoy, well, I shall let Professr Snape deal with you."