Birthday Wishes

Wolfstar AU - Fourth Year

It was Sirius' fifteenth birthday and Remus, James and Peter were planning a surprise party, not something huge, just a little thing for the four of them. Sirius was in a detention with their potions professor which gave the other three a little bit of time to prepare the common room. The rest of the Gryffindors were all either outside enjoying the surprisingly warm November air or visiting Hogsmeade, meaning they had the whole common room to themselves and they were really utilising this freedom.  
      As the three worked, putting up banners and blowing up balloons, they joked and laughed with each other but this mainly consisted of the friendly teasing of Remus, who had just recently revealed that he had feelings for Sirius. Now was one those times.
"Remus and Sirius sitting in a tree k-" James laughed as he sang but was cut off by Remus playfully pushing him.
"Shut up!" Remus was laughing too but had gone bright.
The trio continued to laugh and joke around as they put the finishing touches to the common room; they had completely transformed it from its original state but they were sure Sirius would appreciate it. On a table by the fireplace sat all of Sirius' presents from both his trio of friends and other such as classmates or his own family. Jokes had been frequently made about placing a bow strategically on Remus as one final gift to Sirius but Remus was very quick to dismiss such a fanciful idea. 

They had just finished arranging Sirius' presents on the table when he walked in, flipping his hair from his eyes as he did so (this was a trait that Remus had pointed out to be more frequent now as Sirius' hair grew longer to cover his eyes.). 

"That was the most boring detention I think I have ever had." Sirius expressed, glumly, looking up at his friends for the first time. 
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" The three yelled and for the first time in a while Sirius' face cracked into a smile. 
The three all came forward and hugged their friend, leading him over to where his presents sat. 

        Two boxes of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans, three Chocolate Frogs and a few more personal presents from James and Peter later, Sirius had come to Remus' gifts. As he unwrapped the first, flipping his hair out the way again as he did so, he found a box of Drooble's Best Blowing Gum which he added to the ever growing pile of sweets and thanked his friend before reaching for his final present. Carefully, pulling off the paper, Sirius revealed a long black box, enclosed within which was a thick leather bracelet that fitted perfectly with Sirius' grungy, predominantly black, aesthetic or black leather jackets and his wardrobe scarcelyy holding any colour.
"Do you want me to help you put it on?" Asked Remus as James and Peter shared a knowing glance before slowly heading up the stairs, unbeknownst to Remus and Sirius who were now too engrossed in each other to realise. 

"There you go."
Sirius smiled and moved his arm slightly to get a better look at it. 
"Thank you very much, Remus, it's beautiful."
Remus blushed and sat down next to Sirius, now noticing that James and Peter had given the two some privacy. 
"Hey, well, umm I did have another present for you." 
Sirius nodded to show he was listening and Sirius inhaled deeply. 
"I'll just need you to close your eyes."
Sirius obediently did as he was told and sat patiently waiting, after flipping his hair from his eyes of course. Remus picked up the courage to lean forward, putting his hand on Sirius' shoulder, using his free hand to push a loose strand of his hair from his eyes before connecting their lips.

It took Sirius a moment to process what had just happened. He had liked Remus for such a long time and was adamant that there was no way Remus could ever like him back, meaning whenever anyone tried to tell him otherwise  he got extremely defensive and thus introverted for the rest of the day. Sirius was still processing what was happening. Sometimes, he'd thought about scenarios like this in his head, just mulled them over, but he never dared think that it may actually become a reality. As Remus pulled away, Sirius looked him in the eyes for an intense moment before chuckling.
"That" He said, flipping his hair again and losing eye contact with Remus briefly before reconnecting it. "may have been the best birthday present I think I've ever received."
    The two chuckled before Sirius put his arm protectively around Remus and rested his head against his companion's - he could not have wished for more.