Chapter 40

Chapter 40

"I have your mother's eyes!"

I stood there, mouth open, frozen.

"Yeah, shocker ain't it?" Tristan let out a dry laugh, shaking his head. He sat down on his porch, and I joined him.

"So this means you're..." My voice trailed off. I honestly didn't want to admit that I was related to Tristan.

"Yeah, I'm your half-brother." He said, his voice cracking. Tristan reached up and wiped his tear-stained cheeks with the back of his hands.

"Why do you hate me then if I'm your half-sister?" I asked, not daring to look at Tristan. Although I had chosen to sit right next to him, I was afraid that if I looked at him for even one second, he would bite my face off.

"Because, your mom fucked up my life!" Tristan said, acting like it was obvious.

"So? Why should that matter?"

"You look just like your mom. Anytime I look at you, I see her. It's not even just that, she's fucked around with my dad, then stopped, and came back. She started seeing him again about four weeks ago. I swear, she has him wrapped around her little finger." Tristan said, shaking his head. I could tell by his voice that he was still crying.

"That doesn't mean you should hate me for my mom's decisions."

"It doesn't matter, I will, and nothing will stop me from doing so."

"I wonder if I should tell my-" I started, but Tristan cut me off.

"Don't you dare tell your dad." He threatened.

"Why? Wouldn't I be doing him a favor?" I asked in confusion.

"Just let him figure out by himself, it'll make your mom get all she deserves." Tristan said in a tone that made me scoot away from him. Why did he hate my mom -his mom?- so much? I know that she's been messing around with his dad, but still, it was his mom.

"But I still don't understand, why do you hate her so much?" I asked, and Tristan gave me another dry laugh.

"I hate her because she's a slut, first, she-" I cut him off.

"First of all, don't you ever dare call my mother a slut again, or else I will fucking murder you with my bare hands." I hissed. I know that my mom must've messed around quite a lot, being who she was, but still, I didn't like hearing my mom get called a slut.

"Whatever, well first, she had your older sister, Clara or whatever. She's twenty now, yeah?" Tristan continued, brushing off my threat.

Twenty? I thought she was only... Oh fuck, I'd forgotten her birthday. I'm a terrible person, aren't I?

"Yeah." I mumbled, the guiltiness of missing my older sister's birthday filled up my mind.

"And I'm eighteen, so your mother left your father, and obviously had me. She decided that she didn't love my father enough, and loved yours more, so she left my dad, and went back to yours. She sent me cards throughout my childhood years. Your father didn't even know about her having another child without him, that's the worst part. So while she left him alone with Clara for those years, she was out messing around with my father, while your dad was running around like a crazy man to make ends meet for him and his daughter."

I bit my lip, I didn't like how this story was going so far.

"The thing is, is that she never visited me. It was only cards. Do you know how that feels? To just get cards from your birth mother? One every year, just one. Nothing more, nothing less. They stopped when I was ten, God knows why. Probably because she was too busy with her other family. All I know is that my dad must've been hopelessly in love with her, because when she came to him four weeks ago, he hugged her, and accepted her. No second thoughts. She was just there. Man, she must've fucked with my dad's head quite a bit. I hate her because I can tell my dad is going to get hurt like he did when I was born." Tristan explained, and I couldn't help but feel guilty.

Even though it was my mom's actions, not mine, I still felt responsible. Why would she do such a thing? Move from man to man, having kids? It didn't make sense, but my mom was quite the confusing character, so this wasn't a huge shocker. It was a shocker, but not a grand one.

"Wow, I'm sorry..." Was all I could muster out. I was sorry, though, truly.

"I don't want your shitty sorry's," Tristan hissed, "But what I do want, is for you to get away from my house!"

My eyes widened at his sudden loudness, and I looked at him.

His light green eyes were now filled with a dark, burning hatred. I hadn't done anything to him, why couldn't he realize that?

Without saying a single word, I stood up, and walked down Tristan's driveway. I didn't know if I could go home, knowing that there was a liar living there.

Or as Tristan liked to say, a slut.

-

short chapter but omg so much happened. i hope this cleared up everything and yeah.

Tristan is a very sensitive character if you haven't already noticed.

IMPORTANT!!! -> should i make a punk luke fanfic where he's a tattoo artist and gives the main girl tattoos? please answer this because i really need feedback!

thank you guys for 200k reads oh my god i don't even deserve 100 reads, the beginning of this fanfic was absolute shit, so for me to get 200k is an honor. i love you guys so much thank you thank you THANK YOU.