Chapter 4

edited.

Chapter 4

I quickly made my way out of the school building, finally breathing in fresh air. I wasn't one to actually go outside, - hell, I wasn't one to do any exercising either - but after being in a hellhole all day, it felt amazing to finally be outside.

I walked over to the flagpole that was in front of my school, shoving past several teenagers who were just as excited as me to be out of the building.

I locked eyes with Marissa, who was standing in front of the metal stick that held an American flag on it. A smile started to appear on my face, realizing what would be happening very soon.

"Are you ready?" My best friend asked once I got close enough to her.

"I'm definitely ready, it's about time I get to meet them, I mean, that's if we do meet them. You do realize we aren't guarenteed to meet them, right?" I said, walking beside Marissa.

She nodded, "Yeah, but they'll definitely be there, it's their first day here, so there's a huge chance that they'll be coming out."

"You're right. By the way, did they even land here yet?"

"Yeah, about an hour ago, I checked Twitter in my Physics class." Marissa said, giving me a cheeky smile.

"Fuck, what if they've already come out?" I asked, suddenly feeling a seed of worry plant itself in my stomach. Had I missed my chance to meet the boys I've so loved?

She shook her head, "They confirmed that they would be going out later in the day, around dinnertime, so we could always get McDonald's or something before we head over to the LA house. By the way, I also found out where they were staying. A keek was posted awhile ago of them running around, so it made my job easier."

"You do realize you sound like a stalker, right?" I raised an eyebrow.

Marissa nodded, "I know, but I stalked for a good cause. As long as there's no annoying girls there, we should be fine. In fact, there'll probably only be a couple girls there, considering that the boys never officially told us where they were, there was only a keek video. You should probably know that they're only about six streets away from you, and holy fuck, the place is huge."

It didn't surprise me, any house that was near mine would be a little bigger than your average house.

My mom was a docter, and my dad was a top-notch dentist, which meant that they had money. I'm not saying it's a good thing, because in all honesty, my parents were snobby and annoying.

The worst part about it is that as soon as your family has money, people suggest you have everything made out for you and that you have a perfect life.

False.

People who make lots of money also cheat, they do drugs, they can get cancer, their spouse or parents can be abusive, and their children might be complete shitheads. Just because a person has money, doesnt mean that their lives are perfect. They have flaws, some bigger than others, and it gets annoying when people put stereotypes on people who have money.

The flaw in my family was mostly in our parents, they expected me and my siblings to turn out absolutely perfect. It gets annoying when your mother tells you how trashy you look, just because you're in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. It also gets annoying when they're in your life 24/7, nagging you about how you should become a doctor, just like them, or how you should make sure you look like you're going out to a fancy restaurant everyday, just like them.

Now, that might not be a huge problem, but it is in my life. I know that other people have depression, parents who beat them up, and relatives that do drugs, but I'm allowed to complain about my problems. Just because someone has it worse than me doesn't mean I can't be sad or fustrated.

"My mom isn't home, so we're free." Marissa said, unlocking the front door to her house, pushing it open.

I let out a sigh of relief, her mother was absolutely terrible. Marissa had no family other than her mother, but you might as well say that she has no family, because her mom was a total douche. She was always drunk and sleeping around with men.

It hadn't always been like that, but ever since Marissa's father had left two years ago, her mother completely lost it. The only good part about Marissa's family situation was that she would be able to move out next year when she turned eighteen. For now, she just learned to deal with her mother's antics.

"So when exactly are we leaving to go to the LA house?" I asked.

"In about two hours, but we're only stopping here for money, I forgot to bring some for food." Marissa said, quickly making her way to her bedroom.

"Oh," I sighed, taking my phone out of my back pocket.

I checked my messages, and saw only one text from my mother.

where are you?

I rolled my eyes, texting back a reply,

Marissa's house, be home late-ish.

I sent the text, locked my phone, then put it back in my pocket.

-

"So you're completely sure that they'll be out any minute?" I asked, my hands slightly shaking as they clutched onto my phone.

Marissa and I were currently sitting on the curb outside the house 5sos was supposedly in, and as she had said before, there were barely any girls here. Probably fifteen at the most, which was surprising.

Marissa nodded, "I'm one hundred percent sure, they just tweeted about it."

"So what do we do while we're waiting?"

"I don't know," She shrugged, "So you're obviously waiting to see Calum, and for me, Luke."

"Correct," I nodded, smiling.

I loved Calum with all my heart. Sure, I loved the other boys a lot, but Calum would always have a special place in my heart.

"Wait, fuck, what do I say when I meet them?" I questioned, my heart beginning to race. I honestly hadn't thought this out very much.

"Well, I just plan on giving them my Twitter name, and I'll probably tell them how much they mean to me. Just say whatever you've wanted to say to them, this might be the one and only time you'll ever meet them when they're not that famous."

All of a sudden, out of the corner of my eye, I saw two girls start jumping up and down, squealing at each other. I rolled my eyes at their obnoxious manner, but soon realized that the other girls were also starting to get antsy.

I turned to look at Marissa, complete and utter fear surging through my body, "Do you think?"

She nodded, grabbing my hand and standing up. I took a deep breath, pulling myself up next to her.

They were here, they were out.

I was going to meet 5sos.