Chapter 27

Chapter 27 :

Stephanie's POV

I walked out into the designated area my school gave students for a place to eat outside. My eyes scanned the grassy area for Michael, and I instantly spotted him sitting alone at a picnic table. I noticed there was a teacher supervisor that was a couple feet behind him. How had Michael gotten in here if the teacher was supposed to be watching this area?

"Michael!" I shouted his name, and Michael's head turned, his eyes meeting mine. A grin spread across his face when he saw me.

"Hi Stephanie." He smiled, and I sat next to him. I felt Michael's arm slither around my waist, pulling me closer.

"How did you not get caught coming in here?" I asked immediantly.

"Well, I was walking over there, next to the fence when I threw an apple on the ground. I made it seem like I had thrown the apple over the fence and was climbing over to get it. The teacher obviously didn't notice that I didn't go here, because he let me get the apple then come and sit down here." Michael smirked, and I noticed a dented apple that was laying on the table.

"That was really good thinking, you're always good in times of panic." I said, smiling. I looked up and stared at Michael's face, he was just stupidly grinning down at me.

"I know I am, but, anyways, how has school been so far today?" Michael asked. I could feel his thumb gently rubbing circles on my waist, it was quite comforting actually.

"Shitty, except I talked to that Bree girl more. She seems cool, but I'm pretty sure she's a hippie of some type! I just honestly wish you went to this school with me, it would be so much more fun." I frowned, and Michael gave me a weak smile.

Instead of saying anything, he just kissed the top of my head, staying completely silent. He didn't need to answer for me to know he felt the same way.

"Michael?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"Yeah?"

"Are we, like, dating? I mean, you kiss me and we act like we're dating."

There was a pause, and Michael didn't say anything, he just stared straight ahead.

"Michael?" I poked his side, but when Michael looked at me, his expression looked like someone had punched him. He looked hurt.

"Michael, what's wrong?" I asked, getting worried.

"Nothing! I mean, I guess we're dating. I don't know, do you want to be dating me?" Michael said, giving me a reassuring smile. I knew something was still up, he just wouldn't tell me.

"Of course." I said with confidence, snuggling into Michael's chest as he pulled me closer.

"Then yeah, I guess we are dating." Michael laughed quietly, and I smiled.

Michael and I didn't say anything else that lunch period. We just sat there silently in each other's presence. Honestly, we didn't need to talk to be comfortable, we could be in complete silence and it would be comfortable.

For the rest of the day, I felt a little bit better because now I knew that Michael and I were definitely something, and it was more than Calum and I would've ever been.

"Michael! Michael! I'm gonna fall!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, grasping the sides of the shopping cart for dear life.

I had gotten out of school, and when Michael and I had gotten home, my mom told us we needed to go get a couple things from the store for her, as she had an important meeting. Even though I was grounded, she was forced to ask me because Clara wasn't home, and she needed the stuff immediantly. She wasn't technically going to use it immediantly, as she isn't home, but me and Michael are going to to do it for her.

Instead of actually buying the stuff, Michael decided to take a shopping cart from Target and put me in it, pushing me and letting me go down small hills.

"No you're not! Calm down!" Michael yelled from up the hill. My heart was about to burst out of my chest from fear, all I could do was close my eyes as the wind blew my hair all around me.

All of a sudden, I heard Michael yell, and I felt the cart hit something and fall down. I screamed, and could hear Michael curse loudly from a distance.

"God dammit! I fucking cut my knee open!" I yelled, blood dripping down my leg.

The cart had hit a tree and tipped over onto the cement where I had skidded my knee along with my elbow.

"Shit! I'm so sorry let's get back to Target and wash you up. God I'm so stupid-" Michael kept on rambling, so I shushed him.

"Shut up! I only have this big cut on my knee, a scrape on my elbow, and my leg will definitely have a bruise from hitting the ground so hard." I said nonchalantly, and Michael had a frown on his face.

"I can tell it hurts." He said, dissaproving of me lying to him.

"You're right, it does. And its going to ruin my shoes if I don't get something to stop the blood right now." I whined, standing up slowly as the blood continued to profusely fall down my leg.

Michael ran a hand through his hair, almost as if he was thinking extremely hard.

"This is something I've never done for anyone, and probably won't ever do again, but..." Michael muttered, scratching the back of his neck.

"What? Can you hurry up and tell me before I die of blood loss?" I said sarcastically, but in a mean tone.

"Just," Michael stopped himself mid-sentence, then pulled off his shirt, "Just wrap this around your knee for now."

My eyes widened as I saw Michael shirtless. This rarely ever happens, and it surprised me that he would do such a thing. The fact that he gave me his shirt for my blood was even more shocking.

"Uh, okay." I whispered awkwardly as I took Michael's shirt and tied it around me knee.

I could tell Michael was very uncomfortable walking around in the public with no shirt on, but I honestly think his insecurity was more of the reason to why he was fidgeting around quite a bit.

I went into Target, Michael's shirt still on my knee as I bought the stuff my mom needed, along with two surprises for Michael.

"Here, I got you a shirt to wear. I know it isn't anything special, but I only bought it to make you comfortable." I said, handing Michael the plain navy-blue colored v-neck.

"That was nice of you, thanks." Michael smiled, kissing me on the cheek. I felt my heart start beating quicker, and heat rushed to my cheeks. Michael had that effect on me.

"I also got you this Snickers. I'm not sure if you even like Snickers but it's my thank you for letting my leg bleed al over your shirt." I laughed, and Michael thanked me again.

"You're the best!" Michael winked, pointing at me as he made a silly face.

Although I had gotten cut and bruised up, I didn't regret riding in a shopping cart with Michael. It was something that no one else had taken me to do, and I'm sure no one else would have. It was fun, and it went to prove how much Michael cared about me.

I'm almost one hundred percent sure that he wouldn't have given Ashton his own shirt to stop his bleeding if he had fallen, but he did for me. And although it wasn't a big thing, I could tell it technically was, for me and Michael's relationship at least.

---

Short chapter, I know.
But honestly, this was just a filler chapter that doesn't really have a point to it.
It's a little weird, but also sorta cute in a way idk.

I now have a Luke fanfic, it's called Plotwist. You guys should totally check it out!