17. I Wanna See You Be Brave

Spotify Story Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/1253372708/playlist/3m0QNm1QPmpL0ejW0vIUxJ

When We Were Young

17. I Wanna See You Be Brave

It had been three days since we sat on his bed, when he asked me a question I was not expecting, nor was I prepared to answer. I still hadn't answered him. He didn't push me, but I knew he was thinking about it. The unanswered question hanging between us every morning, at every lunch, at every performance and after every show. It hung between us in the evenings where we both lay awake, watching one another with unabashed adoration and unspoken fear that the other would change their mind and we'd lose one another again.

But to be his wife. We were so young. The thought of the future was terrifying. Jensens 18th would be upon us soon, followed by mine and Caleb's a few weeks later. And then Caleb would leave. I felt like I'd barely seen him lately. I'd been so caught up in Jensen and the musical I hadn't made time. I needed to because when Caleb left I had no idea when I'd see him next.

Friday rolled around, the final night of the show. We had to add an extra matinee show on the Thursday due to popularity so both Jensen and I were exhausted by the final show. But it was worth it. It had been a raging success. The crowds loved Jensen, even those who didn't know him personally fell for him as soon as he walked on stage, tall, confident and striking. My Tony.

Friday morning arrived. I was clinging to him like a lifeline. Every time I looked at him I remembered what it was like feeling like I may never touch him again. Like he may never be in my arms again like he was right now. Both of us half naked in the soft morning light, wrapped around one another, his head on my bare chest. I ran my fingers through his hair, pressing gentle kisses to his forehead.

"I love you," He whispered, his voice thick with sleep as he kissed me between my breasts, rolling onto his front, resting his chin on my right breast to look at me.

I smiled softly at him, my hand still rubbing soothingly through his hair. His eyes gently opening and closing with my hands movements. "Your hair is so soft." I whispered to him and he chuckled lightly, kissing my chest again.

"No it's not," He grinned. "It's rough and manly."

I rolled my eyes at him and smiled, pulling my hand from his hair to stretch my arms. He took the advantage, wrapping his arms around my waist as he rolled onto his back, pulling me onto his chest so I was in the same position he had just been in.

He ran his fingers up my back, his eyes roaming down my naked torso, admiring me before I pressed my chest to his, half sprawled over him.

"Well good morning, Mr. Ackles." I Iaughed, feeling how good of a morning it was through the evidence in his thin cotton pyjama pants.

He buried his face into my neck, gently kissing me as he did so. "Well what do you expect? Waking up to my beautiful girlfriend half naked in my bed."

I rolled my hips against him and he gripped my bottom with one hand, holding me against him. I pulled away, looking into his eyes. "We need to go to school." He frowned up at me, shaking his head with his face scrunched up. Adorable.

"No, let's stay here all day. They won't miss us." He reached up, kissing my lips even though I had full on morning breath. It didn't seem to bother him. We started getting a little heated before I had to pull away again.

"We have to go. Shower time." I pulled away from him, his hand that was still gripping my butt fell to the bed. He groaned at the loss of contact and kicked his legs, annoyed that I was making him get up.