13. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Spotify Story Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/1253372708/playlist/3m0QNm1QPmpL0ejW0vIUxJ

When We Were Young

13. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

"Oh dear god..." I said to myself, sitting on my window ledge as I watched my boyfriend waltz into the cafeteria covered in tinsel, Christmas tree bauble's hanging from his ears.

It was Friday the 22nd of December and the last day of school before the new year. Needless to say, some of us were feeling the Christmas spirit a little more than others.

Jensen made his way over to me and I watched him lift a sprig of mistletoe in front of him.

"Why hello there, pretty lady." He was trying to make sexy eyes at me but it wasn't working.

"You look like Christmas threw up on you. And you have glitter on your face." I reached up, wiping the glitter off his cheek and laughed at my ridiculous boyfriend. "You really like Christmas don't you?"

He shrugged, jumping up on the ledge beside me, little bits of tinsel falling around us as he moved. "What's not to like? Family, friends, food, church, food, presents, food."

I laughed and he put his arm around me, holding the mistletoe beside my head. I side eyed it and looked up into green eyes. "Do you want something, Ackles?"

He pulled me closer to him, rubbing his nose up the side of my own. "You know what I want..." He grinned cheekily at me and stole a kiss from my lips. Well, I let him. It wasn't really stealing if I let him. He kissed me a few more times and dropped the mistletoe beside me. "...well I don't really need that to kiss you do I?"

I nudged his side and settled against him, feeling him breathe by my side. "What do you have planned Christmas day? I don't think I've asked."

"Church in the morning, and then all the family are coming round. All of them. Cousins, aunts, uncles. And then Christmas dinner." He sounded so excited talking about it, I couldn't imagine having such a big day with so many people. "What about you?"

I shrugged, playing with a strand of my hair. "Church, home, pyjamas, food, cheesy Christmas movies with my family and then we'll probably play monopoly and end up angry at one another for the rest of the night." I smiled to myself.

"Just you 4?" He sounded like he was sad for me and I looked up at him.

"Don't feel bad for me. I like our small Christmas's. I don't know it any other way. It's always been the 4 of us."

He smiled sadly down at me. "It's not just the 4 of you now." He kissed my forehead and pulled me against him, retreating into his head again.

We went back to his house after school and he left me in his room doing homework while he went and talked to his mother about something. He came in 20 minutes later grinning from ear to ear looking highly pleased with himself. "Why are you so happy?" I asked him, shutting my book.

He sat down at his desk, spinning his chair around towards me. "Your Christmas plans have now changed. It's all been sorted. My mom called your mom and you and your family are now spending Christmas day with us, here."

I stared at him, blinking slowly. "I'm sorry, what?"

He moved his chair towards me. "I don't want you over there in your house with just the 4 of you. We're your family now too. You should be with us, all of you. Your mom was so excited."

"And what about what I want?" I snapped and Jensens face fell, his smile fading.

"I thought you would want to spend Christmas with me?"