7. I Don't Wanna Fight No More

Spotify Story Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/1253372708/playlist/3m0QNm1QPmpL0ejW0vIUxJ

When We Were Young

7. I Don't Wanna Fight No More

"Do we have to do the whole Halloween thing Jen?" I pleaded for the 100th time as I followed him around the costume shop with Lydia and Scott in tow.

Jen ignored me, continuing to pull costumes off the hangers and hold them against himself. He really was enjoying this more than he should have been. "We could go for a group theme?" he looked over me, asking Scott.

I scoffed, turning to Lydia who was behind me, "Why do I feel like we're not even needed here?" I asked her and she rolled her eyes, grabbing my arm and leading me off around the shop, leaving the boys to decide what we would wear. "They better not dress us up like hookers." I said as we found some couches by the changing area and sat down.

"I have no idea why they're so excited for Halloween. It's not like we can even trick or treat anymore." Lydia picked some costume jewellery off a rack beside her and proceeded to put on every piece on the rack. I snorted as she got up, checking herself out in a nearby mirror.

"I think Jensens excited because he hasn't been able to do much the last few weeks, because of his knee." I explained. He had been a total nuisance the past few weeks. It didn't usually take that long for a sprain to heal but because he was so stubborn and continued to do things he shouldn't have been doing it took longer. He probably kept off his leg for 3 days max. He missed driving, he missed his sports and he hated feeling like I had to look after him. I tried my best to get him to stop, warning that it'd take longer to get better if he continued to be an ass but he didn't listen to me.

I was right though, of course. And now it was Halloween, it had come around so much quicker than I realized and we had all been invited to a party at Kara's house. Yes, that's right, Kara. Over the past few weeks she and her group of friends had somehow re-joined ours and we'd become one big group again. They came slowly, somehow knowing I would freak if the group went from 10 to 20 in one day. But surely enough, it happened. I still didn't know everyone's names.

And Kara was actually being nice. Which was weird. Jensen was sceptical as to her intent but we both decided to give her the benefit of the doubt. She kept to her friends and we kept to our foursome and it worked. After the fight we had over her we decided not to let her come between us anymore. By us arguing over her and allowing her to be a point of contention we were letting her win, and that wasn't what either of us wanted. So we put all of our opinions and anger in a box and put it away.

Out of sight out of mind right?

One thing that had caused a bit of an argument was Caleb. Jensen had let it slip that he had come to him the day I needed space and talked to him about me without my permission. We were both at my house playing a video game in my room when it came up and I had stormed into Caleb's room demanding he explain himself.

"What gave you the right to tell him that? I don't need you making excuses for me and my emotions, Caleb!"

He was doing an assignment at his desk when I had barged in and he had barely looked up. "I only told him because I knew you wouldn't and he needed to know. Your past is nothing to be ashamed of Carmen. And I figured if he knew what happened, he'd be able to help you."

I frowned, pointing a finger at him. "Stay out of my relationship." I left him in his room and went back to Jensen who spent the next few hours trying to get me to apologise to my brother, because we all knew he did the right thing. I wasn't going to tell Jensen. And he needed to know.