Chapter 22: Trust & Jealousy

Start from the beginning

I watch as Travis follows Katelyn into the forest.

I'll tell him later...

Meanwhile, Lucinda decides to go check on Isabell and Lilith. That leaves Aphmau, Aaron, and I.

"Let's go," Aaron tells us, "We should meet up with the others."

"Right," I say, walking off into the woods to find Travis and Katelyn.

~

Soon, we finish setting up camp with the others. Laurance and Vylad have now joined us, and, right now, we're all sitting around the campfire, talking and laughing while Travis sits alone on his make-shift bed. I start walking over to him, and I sit beside him.

"Hey," I greet.

"Hi," He greets back, quietly.

It's silent between us for a minute. "Travis, not many people trust you, you do know that, right...?" I ask, breaking the silence.

He nods. "Of course I do. I also know that most people only trust me because Aphmau trusts me. I guess I'm not that good at gaining people's trust..." Travis responds, sighing.

"Well... You gained my trust. Travis, you seem like a good person. I don't know much about you, but I plan to learn. When you're not a pervert, you actually seem decent enough to be my friend," I tell him.

"Oh. Well, uh, could I be your friend?" He asks.

"On one condition," I respond.

Travis smiles. "Name it!"

"I'll be your friend if you won't be a pervert around me."

"Deal!" He exclaims.

"Shake on it?" I ask, putting my hand out.

Travis nods. He then shakes my hand, smiling. That's when I realize how bright and big his smile is.

He must've been happy he finally made a friend.

After that, we talk and laugh until we get tired. I swear I heard something - or someone - growl when Travis made me laugh, but, maybe it was just my imagination.

Vylad's POV

I watch as Travis and Y/n talk. She's agreed to be his friend... and now she's talking to him instead of me. I wanted to talk to her, but I guess I can hold off on that for today. She wants to hang out with Travis... That's totally fine...

Okay, maybe it's not totally fine. That's when I hear Y/n's beautiful laugh ring through my ears, and I realize that Y/n is laughing because of that white-haired womanizer. Before I can stop myself, I growl, and I turn to face the blazing fire.

I have to trust her judgment... If she wants to talk to talk to Travis... I can respect that... I can't be too protective of her... She can have other friends...

"Vylad, are you okay?" Aphmau asks me, noticing my strange behavior.

The others turn to me, and I suddenly feel a lot of pressure on my shoulders.

I nod, quickly answering her. "Yeah. I'm fine."

Later, Y/n goes to her bed and lies down. She then dozes off, without me. I guess we weren't on a rocking boat, so she doesn't need me to hold her tonight...

That's fine...

~

Your POV

I woke up to cold, hard ground. Vylad's arms weren't wrapped around me like I'm used to waking up to. I turn to see Vylad in his own bed sleeping, without me. I sigh. I look to see Katelyn, Laurance, and Travis up and getting ready to travel.