Chapter 4

Sorry for a month long wait! my fault, I take full responsibility. But, it is a bit longer than usual.

Fave101/Miamay101: You two, are hilarious!

Sassycat1998/treehuger/frostflower123: thanks!

Anonymous The Nobody: Just for you;)

Higuchimon:Thanks, but don't worry.

Hopefully, I'll keep things interesting.

Chessie517: Thank you so much! It means a lot!

Jack, what are you doing?" Jack looked like a child caught with his hand in the cookie jar. He slowly looked up at Jamie, trying to make as innocent of a face as he could, but failing miserably. Realizing that that wouldn't work, he decided to scratch the back of his head and smile sheepishly.

"Hey Jamie, long time no see..." Jamie shook his head as if trying to clear his thoughts.

"Never mind, I don't want to know. What are you doing here?" Jack sighed and let his smile fall from his face. He knew Jamie was going to ask this question sooner or later, he had hoped later though. Jack pushed the box he had been going through aside, his playfulness having left him. He looked around the room.

'Wow, I can't believe how different things are now...' Although, Jack couldn't really blame him. 10 years was an awfully long time, not to him of course. To the opposite of Jack, Jamie had grown throughout those ten years; growing and moving on with his life. Of course, he had never lost his belief. His friends did, one by one, slipping away and forgetting about what mattered the most. That was apart of growing up, Jamie supposed.

Speaking of growing up, Jamie hadn't grown up all that bad, if he did say so himself. He finally hit a growth spurt during middle school, him now towering over just 6 foot. His hair had grown longer and his skin a bit more toned. He obviously took care of his body, which was very apparent since he currently had no shirt on, just jeans. His chest was slightly defined, hints of beginning muscles here and there. Jamie's skin and hair were wet, most likely coming from the shower that Jack had heard running while entering Jamie's house.

"Jack?" Jack shook his head, trying to clear his mind and deciding on how to tell Jamie. It was strange, having to tell Jamie something that he didn't even remember happening. Although, his body was still incredibly sore from the whole ordeal, proof that it had actually happened. He chuckled to himself, albeit darkly.

"To be honest, I dont' quite know myself."

"But then what-" Jack held up his hand up, cutting Jamie off.

"Let me explain." Jamie sat down on his knees in front of Jack and nodded. Jack explained to Jamie what North and Bunny explained to him. He explained about helping North with Christmas when trouble started at the Tooth Palace, how Pitch had bound them all and attacked Jack, how he wanted to make the guardians suffer the way they had him. Jack finished his story and the two sat in silence.

It hurt Jack to see Jamie with that look on his face. How pathetic he must look to him. How can Jack protect the children of the world when he couldn't even protect himself? Jack felt something inside him break. Of course he couldn't protect the children, he had just made a mess of things and caused more trouble for the others. He would never admit it, but he still felt out of place at times when he was with the guardians, especially when they talked about times before he knew them. Perhaps Jack was the reason that Pitch had caused them so much trouble. He had refused Pitch's offer after all.