five

when jeon jungkook returned to his hotel room, he almost got a heart attack. sitting on his bed was none other than kim taehyung, glaring at him with suspicion. "where were you?" 

jungkook held up the bag of skewers. "i was hungry." 

"you know, i was about to tell manager hyung so we could come find you," taehyung told him. he absent-mindedly started to unpack the food from the bag, hungry himself.

taehyung almost took a bite out of a skewer before his eyes returned to jungkook's appearance. he narrowed his eyes at the bomber jacket, the mickey mouse graphic tee, and the 'i love korea' hat. he didn't remember when jungkook owned anything like that (especially the cap) or why jungkook suddenly wanted to change out of his favorite shirt. 

"where did that outfit come from?" 

jungkook froze on his way to his bed. 

he had been caught. 

he decided to tell taehyung everything, starting from getting hungry to getting chased by fans, even telling him about song kisa. taehyung was especially interested in hearing about kisa, which jungkook was wary of. nevertheless, jungkook began to talk about the short girl that was kind enough to get him a new change of clothes so his fans wouldn't recognize him on the street. 

"i see you have taken a page out of my book," taehyung said and wiggled his brows at him. his hyung was known for becoming friends with people in the bathroom, something jungkook guessed he picked up on. 

"yeah, i guess. kisa's coming to the fansign tomorrow. i gave her my extra ticket. you can meet her there and talk to her," jungkook informed taehyung. he felt in his pocket but was surprised to feel that his second spare ticket wasn't there. he guessed he wouldn't be able to give it to hoseok after all. 

the two maknaes passed out on the bed in jungkook's room talking about song kisa and the eventful night. 

song kisa woke up in her apartment the next morning feeling giddy. it was a good thing she wasn't roommates with gayeon anymore - that would be too much for her to handle. unfortunately, a ring from her doorbell alerted her that her celebration was short-lived. 

when she opened the door, gayeon gave her a furious glare. "you ditched your date! again!" she hissed frustrated. 

kisa sighed. "did you bring yoosung?" 

choi yoosung was another one of her best friends. he was younger than both girls (gayeon being the oldest) and was extremely attached to them. they had all became friends in their first year of high school and never really separated once they went to university. yoosung's specialty was being rich (he was a medical intern and came from a wealthy family) and offering good dating advice. 

"when do i ever come here without yoosung?" gayeon said. as if right on cue, yoosung walked through the door. 

"did i miss much?" he asked them. he had his hands on his hips and he was panting a little, indicating that he probably ran up the stairs. yoosung was a soccer player and a swimmer, standing at 181 centimeters tall (about 5'11), so he really shouldn't have been that tired. kisa decided to overlook it. 

"not really. i told her that she ditched her date, but what's new? not that," gayeon said. kisa's best friend was an intimidating 170 centimeters (about 5'7), making her the shortest person in their friend group. her 162 centimeters (about 5'3) didn't really do much for her around them. gayeon was a tennis player and a foreign language student (from france). 

"oh yeah. park sechan, right?" yoosung asked neither of them in particular. 

"yeah," kisa grumbled. "he was nice, but not my type." she eyed the rose that was placed in a random vase she had found, probably something her mom gave her years ago. she had contemplated throwing the rose out, but it wasn't like she hated the dude.

yoosung crashed on her sofa. "you know, it's funny that you ditched him. turns out, he got back with his ex-girlfriend today." 

kisa rolled her eyes. "he paid for the meal and left me a rose and 25,000 won. i only ate one skewer before my bowels cursed me." 

yoosung burst out into laughter while gayeon still stared at her unimpressed. "you ditched him because you had explosive diarrhea?" 

kisa's face turned red. "the stall didn't even have toilet paper!" 

this seemed to only fuel yoosung's laughter and gayeon's frustration. 

"i feel so bad for sechan. not only did you ditch him, but a bunch of crazy fans made him leave. apparently, they were looking for jeon jungkook. can you believe that? an idol in that rundown skewer shop?" gayeon ranted to them. "absolutely unbelievable."

"can you blame the girls though?" yoosung asked them. "jeon jungkook is one spicy dude." 

"yoosung, we don't want to hear you fanboy about jeon jungkook," gayeon said. "it's not like you even met him."

"he's better in person anyway," kisa assured yoosung. when her friends' gazes trained onto her, she realized what she had said. 

"you met jeon jungkook, the golden maknae? the main singer of bts?" yoosung squeaked, his eyes becoming wide with alertness. his face started to turn pink from excitement, his leg starting to bounce with pent-up energy. 

kisa took out the fansign ticket. "he gave me a ticket to his fansign today," she told them. she rubbed her finger on the piece of paper, but was surprised to see that two tickets were there instead of one. "or, i guess i have two now." 

gayeon snorted. "yoosung, here's your perfect opportunity to fall in love with min yoongi." 

yoosung looked like he could melt on spot. "you're not going to go?" 

"not a chance," gayeon said. "crazed fangirls and fanboys? screaming? a group that isn't got7? i don't think so, beanstalk. you and munchkin can go by yourselves." 

kisa sighed. she figured that yoosung was better company than none. hopefully, jungkook would remember her. 

well, he promised.