ae: twenty three

after kisa had gotten back from the concert, she had spent a large amount of time with the boys. despite their busy schedules and their tiring lifestyle, kisa found that she was more and more inspired by them. maybe that was why she ended up pushed into big hit entertainment as a graphic design artist.

it was mostly jungkook's idea, but the other six thought it was such a good idea that bang sihyuk didn't need much convincing to add her onto the team. jungkook had a field day celebrating her new job. (though she had to admit that finding a job that paid well near her boyfriend while she was still in college was hard to come by and she was celebrating too.)

on one of her off days, she decided to stay back at the apartment one day and reflect on her friendship with gayeon and yoosung. that night after the concert that really stuck with her, and she immortalized it in a drawing with some really long, sappy essay about the importance of friends and family.

kisa wondered if she could ever achieve a friendship as wholesome and pure, especially with the nonsense that had happened since that october.

looking back on it, she had gone through the same hardship as taehyung and jungkook had. for as close as the trio had been, they had been keeping secrets with each other. kisa didn't tell them about her and taehyung, or her and jungkook. gayeon and yoosung didn't tell her about thicc skewers (which was really just jungkook) or how she got into the accident. they were both so caught up in being worried about hurting each other's feelings or making the other jealous that they didn't even realize they were hurting their friendship more by not telling the other.

when kisa has sat gayeon and yoosung down to talk, the three of them didn't know what to say.

"i'm really sorry," yoosung sighed, immediately giving into the tense atmosphere. "kisa, this is all my fault. i didn't want to tell you about how you got into an accident because you were coming over to my house and i felt so bad. i thought that maybe because i asked you to drive me that your accident happened."

at his confession, kisa's eyes dropped to the floor. "yoosung, it was never your fault. i'm sure the doctor told you that reminding me of the accident might cause me further trauma."

"how come you never told us about your little crushes? we would've told you if you spilled to us about them," gayeon asked, biting her lip. "we didn't know it meant so much to you."

"yeah, i didn't know it meant that much to me either. i forgot that i liked jungkook and everything about him because he was such a big factor in the car accident. then, taehyung came along and became a pretty good friend that i could talk to."

for about four hours, the three healed themselves by talking over what they wanted to say for a little more than a year, leaving behind all bad feelings and regrets.

kisa tackled her best friends in a big hug, not bothering to hide her tears. "oh, you guys!" she whimpered.

gayeon, though smiling, pushed her away. "come on, don't get all mushy on me."

"i think gayeon noona's a tsundere," yoosung whispered to kisa, holding her in a great big yoosung hug—one of the best to exist. he was honestly a giant teddy bear.

rolling her eyes, gayeon whacked his arm. "you're ridiculous."

yoosung sighed. "oh my god, i can't believe you work at big hit now! i wish i was their personal medical doctor or something."

kisa raised a brow. "personal medical doctor?"

almost like he had been struck by lightning, yoosung slumped into the couch. "oh my god what would i do to breathe the same air as THE min yoongi?"

"you live in the same country," gayeon deadpanned. 

"noona, it's not the same! to be in the same room as min yoongi...he's a genius!" yoosung practically swooned as he fanboyed over the musical prodigy. 

gayeon gave her boyfriend a weird look. "okay this is getting a little weird. i'm going to go to the court and practice my backhand before my competition."

after a quick peck, the tall girl was out of the apartment. 

kisa sunk into the comfort of the couch, staring at yoosung. "when is she going to move in?" she said her giant friend. 

"what?" yoosung replied, an incredulous look on his face as he looked everywhere but at her. 

"i'm not dumb, yoosung. you're so whipped for her," kisa teased. she made kissy noises at him to prove her point. 

"no i'm not!" the med student protested. 

a second passed. 

"who am i kidding, you're right," groaned yoosung. "it's so hard when she's not that expressive, but at the same time that's kinda hot-" ("gross," kisa interrupted) "-and i wanted to run by it first with you. which i'm glad you brought up, by the way." 

at that moment, kisa began to laugh. now, an absolutwly whipped yoosung was hilarious, but it wasn't a stand-up comedy. however, yoosung felt himself give up his anxiety and tension to laugh as well. 

it was when kisa noticed that she was worrying for nothing, and that she and her friends had a great bond with each other. maybe it was different from what jungkook had with his brothers, but it wasn't anything kisa would ever give up. 

-

sorry for the super super spaced out update. i didn't mean to take a break from this book, but it's not over yet! i'm thinking that maybe one more chapter will do the trick...

xoxo, 
       janice.