Chapter 15: Brownish

Patricia's P.O.V.

I came back to the house and looked at the clock. It's only 1 in afternoon and I shall find the restaurant where Kevin goes. He said it's only few blocks away from here but where to start? On the right way or left way from the door? My eyes caught a mug on the table. I stood up from the couch and took it in my hands. I closed my eyes and saw Kevin in a huge restaurant named.... Versusio Café. From here, it's from the left way. I opened my eyes again and washed the mug before getting out of the house.

I started walking on the left way. Yeah, I'm not in the right way. I saw the old woman again, she's still sitting on the round wooden chair and waiting for customers to walk by. I just walked straightly and looked around for the restaurant where Kevin is working. The houses here are all old styles. The windows are sliding wooden, the doors too are wooded, the roofs are quite normal and there are few houses that have fences. Cute. I kept walking until I found a light brown-walled, the roof is dark brown and the door is wooden brown. The owner is seriously addicted to brown.

I was about to walk away when I saw a sign on the side that says: 'Versusio Café'. It's open. I walked inside and saw that there are few old people here. Just like on Sundays at the Grill. I looked around to search for Kevin.

"Excuse me, Miss?" I almost jump out when I heard someone talk behind me. I turned at the person. "Do you want to take a seat?" She asked me.

"Oh. No. I was just looking for m friend. In anyway, do you know Kevin Hamilton?" I asked the lady. She looks in the middle of 30's. When she heard Kevin's name, her lips tugged into a smile automatically.

"Of course. I know him. He's our best chef here. Why are you looking for him?" She said while smiling. Err.

"Uh. I just want to talk to him. Can you.. Call him for me?" I said smiling shyly.

"Of course. What is your name, miss gorgeous?" She said as she put a booklist on the side table. I saw that she has a name tag.

"I'm Patricia Gilbert. Nice to meet you, Miss Case." I said as I held my hand up. She took it gently and shook it. It sounds funny.

"Nice to meet you too, Patricia. I'm going to call Kevin now. Please sit here." She said as she took her hand away from me and left towards the 'authorized person only' room. I don't know what is that room called. So, yeah. I sat on the black puffed chair beside the side table. After minutes, Kevin came out and saw me. He walked towards me with a smile. What's with him and smiling?

"Hey. What's up? Why are you here?" Kevin said as he got to me. I fake frowned.

"You don't want me here? Oh, then I'll go now--" I said as I walked to the door. Kevin held my arm playfully.

"No. I was just asking." He said while grinning. I noticed that he saw what I'm wearing. I chuckled and stood in front of him.

"This dress. Ah. I just saw this in the cabinet in my room. I needed clothes after I showered. So--" He cut me off by his chuckle.

"No, it's okay. Really. I forgot to bring you clothes last night so, it's alright." He said while still smiling.

"Thanks. Anyway, I came here to ask permission from you. Seriously, I came here in this town for something. I mean, I've got something to do. It's important. Can I leave your house first? Just for an hour or two? I'm worried that your--" He cut me off again.

"Okay. Okay. It's fine. I get it. You need something to do important and that leaves my house alone. It's fine. I'll just go home early later. You can go anywhere but please take care. There has been a fresh crime just last week. Please don't go on far places like the Dark Woods. Okay?" He said turning into serious Kevin. I nodded and smiled.