Chapter 76 - Aftermath (Part 2)

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I mean, I feel an eternal gratefulness for my cellmate and all the support he gave me. This is undeniable and I sincerely worry for him. But still, Daddy holds a slightly higher priority in my heart right now and he is definitely the one I couldn't live without. What if the ambulance arrived too late? What would I become without him?

Somehow, I am sure Aaron or any of his other friends wouldn't let me down and provide me with the best support, but that would never be the same. None of them would ever replace the comfort and well-being that Daddy brings me. The realization that he has become my everything is far more painful than I would have thought and the tears and sobs that I have held back for the past few minutes escape my self-control.

"Hey, hey... Shhhh... Calm down, Noah..." a voice that I would recognize among thousands suddenly says. A voice I have craved to hear for days. A voice that would haunt me for the rest of my life if I were to never hear it again. A voice that instantly brings me the bit of the relief I needed to keep a semblance of sanity.

As I gasp and roll to lie on my painful back, my eyes flick open and there he is, right in front of me, his head at the same level as mine, his forehead resting against mine while his thumb is wiping tears from my cheek. All I can see is the darkness of his gray eyes. These eyes that never miss to appease me and make me feel safe. A wave of relief washes over me to see that he is alive, my arms automatically wind around his torso despite the discomfort I feel in my right arm, probably due to an IV, and I nest my face in the crook of his neck to muffle my uncontrollable sobs.

"Shhhh, it's okay, Noah... You're safe now..." he whispers in a soothing tone while he pulls me into a strong hug, being cautious to only press the nape of my neck while his other hand reaches more gently for my back.

"I was so scared..." I breathe out after a long moment.

"I know... but you're safe now and I'll make sure that..."

"Nooo, I was scared you were... dead... all the blood... Are you wounded?" I exclaim, brutally pulling away from him and finally taking in the general situation.

This is a huge slap in my face.

And to say that I am shocked wouldn't cover all the emotions I feel deep down. I have always loved Daddy's strict and somewhat cold expression even if I know that this is only a façade. To me, he just has perfect features and I love every line of his face as much as his dark and regular eyebrows, his trimmed beard and his beautiful long hair, even if it is always tied into a bun.

All I see on his face right now doesn't make him any less handsome, but each of the bruises, scratches and cuts that result from his fight with Andrei are like blows to my heart; really painful blows. My eyes run down his neck and to his chest where I can distinguish the thickness of a bandage beneath his tee-shirt and just above his heart, making me grimace before I look down at my lap. All my fault...

"Hey, Noah... I'm fine, there's nothing to worry about..." he says softly. Nothing to worry about, my ass! That asshole of Crewcut was aiming at his heart and he could have died, all by my fault! How can he say that he is fine?

Just as I am about to express my opinion on the matter, a knock echoes on the door and a man wearing a white overall walks in, followed by a petite woman in pink scrubs. The doctor is tall and I guess he must be in his early fifties. He wears a friendly smile as he gets closer to the bed. The nurse looks less amiable as she walks around the bed to check on the IV, forcing Daddy to move away to the foot of the bed.

"Good evening, Noah, I'm Doctor Clarke. How are you feeling?" the man asks in a deep and reassuring voice while the nurse starts performing what I assume to be the regular check-ups.