Chapter 50 - A Friend In Need Is A Friend Indeed

Twisted Moon - Book 3 of the Black Moon series - Chapter 50: A Friend In Need Is A Friend Indeed

(Camden's POV - Mon. 27 April 2015)

"Joshua Pierce's office, this is Ally speaking, how may I help you?"

"Hi Ally, this is Camden Hall. How are you?"

"Good morning, Mr. Hall, I'm fine, thank you! Would you like to speak with Joshua?" my friend's personal assistant asks.

"If he's available, it would be great. I've been trying to reach him on his cell phone, but I only get to his voice mail, so I was wondering if he was on a business trip?" I ask her.

"No, he was in a meeting, but..." she begins to explain but I can suddenly hear some voices in the background.

"Ally, please schedule another meeting with Connie and Kelly for next week and then I need to discuss things with you," I hear him say all business in the background.

"Joshua, I have Mr. Hall on the phone..."

"Okay, put him through, thanks."

"Hold on a second, Mr. Hall." There is a light click and Joshua answers.

"Hey Cam, how are you?" Joshua asks with a tired voice.

"Hi Josh, I'm good, but I can call back later if you're busy?" I propose.

"No, no, it's fine, I can take a five-minute break. Has Mark called you last night?"

"Yeah, he did and I'm seeing in a few minutes. Any news?" I ask.

"Nothing yet. Tony hasn't been able to locate Alex's phone unfortunately and he's trying other leads at the moment. We'll know more later today, I guess," he replies with a sigh.

"Shit, that sucks!"

"As you say... Is there anything I can help you with? How was your wild weekend by the way?" he then asks in a lighter tone.

"It was great, until Mark's call... I was actually wondering if you are available for a quick lunch tomorrow? There are things I'd like to discuss with you..."

"Oh that's good, there are things I need to discuss with you too, but I guess they'll be the same. Liam told me he had a conversation with Noah about his future and said that he's interested in architecture and design. Is that what you wanted to talk about?"

"Yeah, that's it..." I chuckle.

"Perfect then, let's meet at 1:30 at the usual restaurant across your practice if that's okay with you."

"Perfect with me!"

"Good. Take care of Mark when you see him... He's stressed as hell!" Josh warns me.

"I bet he is! But count on my magical fingers to relax him a bit..."

Good! That's one thing sorted out. I am sure Joshua will be able to help Noah to choose a career path, whether in design or architecture, and advise him as to the studies he should start next year. I am glad Noah knows in which domain he wants to work in the future, because I know how difficult it is for teenagers or young adults to consider their future when they don't know what they want to do.

I didn't have that problem since I knew rather early that I wanted to work in physiology; exactly like Mark knew he would become a cook; or like Josh knew he would work in business and take over his father's company. Aaron was a different story; he was one of those kids who didn't have much interest in anything and it only got worse when he turned 17. It took him a few years and a lot of hard time before he settled down and became the man he is today; but as they say, it is his story to tell.