Chapter 6 - Coincidence

Twisted Moon - Book 3 of the Black Moon series - Chapter 6: Coincidence

(Cam's POV - Wed. 18 February 2015)

"Hey Cam, you still here?" Sarah asks, as if she was surprised to see me there when she and Ethan walk into my office. These two make a nice couple and they seem to be happy together. While Sarah is a physiotherapist, Ethan has specialized in osteopathy, and the three of us share this practice near South Madison Avenue. There is absolutely no competition between Ethan and me; we even share our patients when we are overloaded with work, and believe me, we have far more than enough to keep us busy.

"I should be the one questioning what you are doing so late in the office! You guys usually finish much earlier!" I reply sarcastically.

"Hey!! We don't finish in the middle of the afternoon either! Don't exaggerate!" Sarah exclaims playfully. "And it's not that late... I guess you still have at least two or three hours of work ahead?"

"Not today. My last patient must have been delayed, I guess, but he should be here in a few minutes and then I'm out!" I reply, checking the clock on my laptop and groaning inwardly. "No extra hours tonight!"

"It will do you some good for once to go home early," Ethan comments. Like hell I'm going home early! "Get some rest; You've looked tired recently. And by the way... you lucky bastard! I saw you managed to park almost in front of the building!"

"For once, I was lucky!" I smirk at him, reclining in my chair. "You always get the best spots, so don't complain!"

"We need to talk seriously about that move, Camden," Sarah sighs. "Even without mentioning the parking issues, that building is getting old and I am sure we could afford a nicer and more recent building."

"Actually, I was going to bring that up with you two tomorrow. You've already met my friend Joshua Pierce, right? The building he owns on Washington Street has a few unoccupied floors and there might be an opportunity to rent one there. The building has an underground parking lot too."

"Oh yes, the Pierce Building! I see where it is situated. It's a nice one!" Ethan exclaims with a whistle. "And it wouldn't be far from here... Have you discussed it with him already?"

"Yeah, kind of. I just mentioned it last weekend, but we were busy at that moment, so I'll have to clear this out with him first," I quickly reply. Ethan and Sarah have briefly met all of my friends while they visited here for appointments and they know that Aaron owns the Black Moon nightclub; however, they never heard about the Black Diamond, so I can't really tell them that when I broached the subject with Josh, we were in a BDSM club and just about to watch a show. Joshua almost agreed about the idea, but we definitely need to review in more details how feasible it is.

"Okay then! It's not that urgent, but we can discuss this tomorrow. Our lease here ends in July, but we can start looking at options," Ethan says. "Anyway, have a good evening and see you tomorrow!"

They both leave hand and hand, leaving me to my accounting work. Damn! What is this last patient doing? I hate unpunctual people. I can understand you might be caught in traffic or have an emergency, but damn! If you can't make it at a reasonable time, then just cancel! When I am finally done with my paper work, it is almost 8:00pm and the appointment was scheduled at seven. I waited for longer than enough! I have plans tonight and I don't intend to change them, so I take my phone and dial Mr. Butler's number. Of course he doesn't answer, so I just let him know that I am leaving and that he can call back tomorrow for another appointment. Then I hurry to pack up my things.

Tonight, I am getting laid; like seriously laid! Although I spend a lot of my evenings at the club, I haven't had proper sex in a long time; not since before my reminder with Aaron a month ago. One of the reasons is that the Master Dom had a rather heavy hand on his whip and since I was gifted with a skin that marks rather easily, it took quite a long time for all the marks to completely fade away and disappear. I swear he really made sure that I would remember the lashes for long enough and the next few days were honestly hard, especially at work. This has obviously prevented me from exposing my back for some time because I couldn't afford anyone at the club to see the stripes; neither the Submissives, nor the Dominants, and this includes my friends Joshua and Mark.