Ice becomes him

KIBAS POV

At day break we moved as quickly as we could towards the village the two men told us about. Not long after I spotted a small village up ahead. "KIBA! THIS IS IT!" Lee yelled out running up beside me "alright everyone stay on guard and try not to draw too much attention to yourselves!" I said turning to face them. "We need to gather intelligence from the villagers about any suspicious activity, it could lead us to Kagome." Neji spoke looking out towards the village. "We should split up, we will blend in better that way!" Sakura said rummaging through her pack. She pulled out five wireless communicators and handed one to each of us. "Hey, these are the things we used when we rescued Gaara from the akatsuki right?" Naruto said fumbling with it. "Yes you're exactly right naruto! Here Kiba. With these we can communicate with one another as long as we don't stray too far." She handed me one as I placed it inside my ear. We each put one in and turned them on testing them to make sure everyone's worked. "Wait bushy brow! Turn yours down first, remember what happened last time." Naruto said rushing to turn his down. Once we all had the communicators in place we split up and made our way into the village. Akamaru and I took the entrance to the village while the others took to the other ways.

I could smell her in the air, she was here I knew of it for sure. With that in mind I crept around the village trying to blend in with the people walking the streets. My attention was drawn to a giant castle like building on a hill a ways ahead of me. *That must be where the lord of the village resides- wait... didn't those two men from before say something about a lord Sesshomaru...* the realization soon hit me. That must be where Kagome is. "Guys, remember when those two men told us Kagome went to seek out a Lord Sesshomaru?" I asked speaking quietly as to not be heard by anyone around me. "Yeah what's the big idea Kiba?" Naruto spoke up. "I think this is his village, which means the building ahead must be where he is! And if he's there-" my words were cut off by the others all speaking at once "then Kagome must be with him!" Before I could get out anything else I saw two men in white cloaks approaching me through the crowd. "We've got company everyone, watch your backs let's move fast!" I called out to the others as Akamaru and I took off in the direction of the building. The two men caught up with me quickly and forced me into an alley. "WHERE IS SHE!" I snarled out at them as I backed up digging my claws into the dirt. They said nothing but instead advanced towards me pulling out kunai. One of them rushed forward slashing at my abdomen, I slid past him and ran towards the other man "Akamaru! Let's show these bastards our four leg technique!" Akamaru bolted towards me from behind as I crouched down looking at the two me as they raced towards us. Akamaru jumped on my back and lept in the air with me spinning "FANG PASSING FANG!" I shouted as we ripped into the two men. As soon as we hit them frost surrounded the ground. They shattered into a million pieces leaving bits of ice riddling the area. "What the hell?! Are these... ice clones!???"

"Ice clones for you all as well?" Neji spoke in through the communicator. "Whoever they belong too must indeed be strong!" Lee exclaimed. "Whoever he is, he knows we are here. We need to find Kagome fast! Everyone head to the building." I spoke as Akamaru ran behind me following me to the large building. As soon as I arrived I encountered more of the clones. I couldn't make out any details of the mans appearance from them. His body was cloaked in all white with a fur draped around him. I pulled out a kunai and stood next to Akamaru. I slashed past him and burst through the doors of the building. As soon as I walked inside the air turned harsh and cold. I breathed out deeply as my visible breath bellowed from my mouth. More of his clones appeared. I was out numbered. Even if they were clones this would be annoying to get out of. I was agitated, the scent of Kagome was so close yet so far away. Behind me I heard footsteps and the sounds of ice clones shattering. It was Naruto and Neji. Soon followed Sakura and Lee. We stood facing the shadow clones of the man. "WHO ARE YOU AND WHERE IS KAGOME!" I shouted out to him. He was silent for a moment his expression unwavering. "ANSWER ME DAMMIT!" I screamed out as I ran forward attacking the clones. Only this time they did not fight back. I cracked one after the other. Ripping at them with my bare hands until none remained. The others stood back with expressions of sadness looking down at me. "DAMN IT ALL! THIS WAS ALL JUST A DISTRACTION SO HE COULD ESCAPE WITH HER!" I dropped to my knees in the pile of ice that surrounded me. I didn't notice it but my hands were covered In frost bite from the ice clones. Sakura walked towards me, the only sound was the crunching of ice beneath her feet. She knelt down beside me grabbing my hands, my chest was heaving as I clenched my jaw trying to hold back my shuddering sobs. I looked so pathetic before them right now. All this time, we came so close. So close to finding her. Only to become so far once again. Sakura looked up at me brushing the tears away from my cheeks. "Don't lose hope Kiba. Look. We came this close to finding her. We're not going to stop until we do." I kept my head down and shook the tears down from my eyes "I can't smell her anymore. How can we track her now." Naruto spoke up from behind me walking around to stand beside Sakura.

"Sakura is right, we're not turning our backs on her that easy." Naruto smiled down at me. Sakuras warm green glow emanated from her hands and began to soothe the frost bite. I looked up at all of them smiling down at me. Naruto reached his hand out to mine pulling me up. "Cmon, let's search the place for any evidence of where they could have gone!"

KAGOMES POV

Sesshomaru moved quickly along the path he led me down, it was now mid day, the bright sun beating down on me. The white fur that draped across his shoulder traveled down his back, then end dragging along the ground. My eyes stood fixated on him then wandered to his shoulder. The cloth of his kimono blew wildly behind him where his arm should be. "Go ahead and ask, I can feel you staring at it anyway." He spoke still keeping up the fast pace. I was taken back by his words, how did he know I was staring? I waited a couple seconds before quietly speaking up. "What happened to your arm?" He waited a while before answering me. Taking a deep breath he spoke up "I lost it fighting my brother." He kept his answer short. "Why did you tell me to ask if you weren't going to give me any detail?" I spoke up agitated by his response. He stopped in his tracks and turned to face me. The cold creeped towards me as he met my gaze. *why can't you just hold your tongue for once Kagome.* I expected him to hit me, leave me for dead, or become angry with me. But instead he looked down at me and answered. "If you truly wish to know, perhaps I will tell you when we stop for the night." His tone had softened from before. For once his face seemed to show a hint of emotion. Like he was reminiscing on something. His eyes shuffled away from mine as he regained his cold composure and continued walking down the path. I looked down to notice he was still barefoot every step he took showcasing the frost that came from him. Although his expression showed a sign of humanity for a moment I couldn't let my guard down around him. I'm my mind I thought of all the ways I could escape from him, and how long I could last before he found me and those cold eyes became the last thing I saw. For now I just have to go along with whatever he's planning, and try not to get myself killed. Suddenly I heard Seiryus voice call to me. "Kagome, do not run from this man. I sense he will become of great assistance in your journey." His voice seemed distant. "How are you so sure, how do you know I can trust him?" I asked back. "Such things are known about this man. There is much pain behind his eyes, pain that Orochimaru has caused.... do not fear him, fear for those that would stand in his way." And with that Seiryus presence vanished from my mind. *fear for those that would stand in his way.... does he mean. Oh no.... Kiba.*