Journey to the hidden leaf

(NOTE: this story takes place in Shippuden after the revival of Gaara! I don't own the rights to any of the characters or themes of this story but you already knew that)

~The sounds of your relatives screaming and the sight of the only life you'd ever known being burned to the core flooded your senses. The image of your father being taken by Orochimaru forever etched into the back of your mind.~

Your eyes shot open as you lay on the moss covered ground under the starlit sky. You were safe, on your way to the village hidden in the leaves. It was only 5 days ago that those images flashing before your mind were very much real and happening all right in front of you.
You stood up and brushed off the dirt and leaves stuck to your burned and tattered clothes, reminiscing on the day you and your mother embroidered your clan symbol on the shoulder of the once beautiful kimono. But that was now a thing of the past. You no longer had a mother, and you weren't quite sure if you even still had a father. But the gleam of hope that remained lit a fire in your heart to destroy the man that brought ruin to your clan, family, and your life. Orochimaru.

You gathered what little belongings you could salvage from what used to be your home and continued on your way to the hidden leaf village. 5 days had passed since you began your journey to the one place you could find hope. Lady Tsunade was the hokage after all and she owed your father a favor for persuading her pursuers to forget about her gambling debt. Maybe she could find it in her heart to help you.
It was almost day break as the outline of the village walls shone over the horizon. It really was as beautiful as it had been described to you. Lush green trees canopied over the place as the proud faces of previous hokage loomed protectingly over it all. You approached the village gate tired and emotionally worn from your journey. This was the farthest you'd ever been from home you only managed to arrive by asking a nice lady at a tea house for directions on the way.

Two men peered at you with suspicion in their eyes before speaking abruptly
"What is your business entering the village outsider? Are you a ninja I don't see a headband?" The man with fluffy brown hair and black lines accenting his face on his cheeks and chin asked.
"Hello, my name is Kagome Kurosaki. I'm from- or... I was from the Kurosaki clan. I came here to seek the guidance of Lady Tsunade. If possible." I said bowing slightly to the men who seemed to be put at ease upon hearing the name of my clan. It was in fact one of the honorable 5, who resided outside of the villages and lived freely on their own sacred lands. 
"Miss kurosaki it is an honor I apologize for  my rude behavior I had no idea you were from the clan in the mountains. Please enter our village and stay as long as you like! But I'm afraid I can't guarantee your immediate council with Lady Tsunade" the man spoke gesturing me to enter the village.
I nodded my head and smiled at the two men and continued on my way into the village in search of Tsunade. The village was peaceful and still, its residents not awake yet. I quietly made my way to the central tower where I knew Tsunade would be. On my way to the tower the village stirred awake as people began flooding the path on which I walked. I realized then just how out of place I seemed. I guess my attire-or what's left of it-did seem pretty regal and the way in which I carried myself didn't exactly scream villager.

I stopped at a nearby tea house to freshen up before meeting with the Hokage, walking to the washroom I peered at my reflection in the mirror. Long black waves of hair rested just below my shoulders I brushed it out with my fingers shaking off any debris still residing within. My signature white streak peeked out from underneath the black I touched the scar at the base where the hair started and remembered back on the day the white hair appeared when I was only a small girl.

~"I can do it sensei just you wait!" I said as I focused the chakra in my body to the bottoms of my feet. Looking up at the enormous wall of rocks before me. Concentrating on scaling the mountain I began to climb but as soon as I reached the top I was distracted by my feat and lost grip and tumbled down the steep mountain of rocks. My sensei was all to late to stop me from injuring myself as I bashed my head against the sharpe edge of a rock causing the scar where the white hair now proceeded to grow.~

I smiled at the fond memory and began to access my appearance once more. There wasn't much I could do about my clothes but I could wash the dirt off my face from sleeping in the woods for 5 days. I splashed cool water onto my face scraping off any grime that remained. Grey eyes staring back at me I began to break down at the sight of myself in the mirror.

"Weak, that's all you are. WEAK AND PATHETIC. Not able to save your clan! Your mother or your father! No the only person you saved was yourself!" I screamed at my reflection feeling a wave of emotions take over as my eyes turned from their usual grey to a dark purple clouded by disgust with my own self. I sobbed at the thought of my family being destroyed while I escaped unscathed. Some time went by and I managed to pull myself together once again facing myself in the mirror. I took a deep breath and told myself
"this isn't your fault, get it together Kagome crying like a baby isn't going to bring your father back. And it sure as hell isn't doing anything to help you find Orochimaru and kill the bastard." I took one last glance at my appearance satisfied that it's the most presentable I could look right now and headed out back towards the tower.
As I approached I had to explain myself to two more people before I could see Lady Tsunade. I was lucky to see her as soon as I got there I know she is a busy woman. I thanked the men who allowed me to see her and made my way up to the Hokages office.  I knocked on the door and waited for a response before entering. I waited before Tsunades voice boomed for me to enter. I walked in the office with my head bowed before Tsunade, before I looked up and my eyes met hers.
"Who are you and what is your business here? I'm a very busy person and I haven't got all day so speak up and speak fast!" She spoke while crossing her arms and leaning back into her chair. It's funny, she doesn't look like she's aged at all from the last time we met. It must have been 8 years ago since that day. That further reminded me of her power and quelled whatever doubt I had in me.
I smiled remembering how flustered she was on that day when my father persuaded those men to forget about all her gambling debt. 
"Lady Tsunade I doubt you remember who I am, my name is Kagome Kurosaki. I'm the daughter of Sangetsu Kurosaki. My father helped you clear a debt once and I came asking your assistance. You see I haven't anyone else to turn to otherwise I wouldn't be bothering you with such things" I said once again bowing before her. Looking up her eyes widened as she soon registered what I said.
"LITTLE KAGOME IS THAT REALLY YOU?! My my look how much you've grown you've really become quite the woman and I'm sure your just as skilled in the ninja arts as ever!" Tsunade said smile beaming, leaning forward and placing both her hands on the table as if to get a better look at me. It's true I have grown quite a lot since the last time we saw each other. I was only 8 years old and was already well along the way in my training to becoming my clans best ninja. Tsunade stayed with us for a week and helped me develop such powerful striking ability before continuing her travels.
I smiled and nodded at her before I was interrupted by her question
"So what is it you need Kagome? Better yet. Why is your kimono all dirty and burned? And where is your old man anyway it's been a while since we have spoken I'd love to get a drink with him!"
I turned my face down as a pained expression spread across my face as the conversation dove back to the reason I'm here, the reason I traveled to the village in the first place. I tried to keep the tears from welling up in my eyes causing my throat to hitch as I spoke. 

"Y-you see. That's the thing..." I bit my thumb as I looked down at the floor focusing my thoughts before anger boiled over as I shouted out to her " Lady Tsunade you must aid me! My clan was slaughtered! My father taken captive by Orochimaru. He burned my life to the ground and all I could do was watch. I need your help. I must rescue my father from his grip Tsunade please!" My knees dropped down to the ground as tears streamed down my face anger burning within me.
I looked up to see a shocked expression plastered on her face as she stood and punched the wall next to her
"THAT DAMMED OROCHIMARU! First he takes sasuke from us and now he's managed to leave one of the most powerful sacred clans in ruins!" She screamed frustrated. I knew then that she would do everything in her power to assist me. After some time she caught her breath and turned to me with sorrow filled eyes "I'm sorry you've been put through so much... I can't imagine what you must be feeling Kagome. I swear to you that myself and the people of the hidden leaf will do everything in our power to aid you. What is it you wish to do?"
Her sincere expression locked eyes with me. I wiped the tears from my eyes only anger filling my core. I glanced at Tsunade and spoke my request "I wish to become a leaf shinobi and avenge my clan."