True Intentions

KIBAS POV

~I awoke to the sunlight hitting my eyes, I slowly opened them to see a window. I realized then I was sleeping in a bed, a familiar warmth surrounding me. I looked down to see arms draped across my chest and the face of the woman I loved nuzzled against me. The rhythmic sound of her breathing lulling me back into the groggy daze I was in. Her black wavy hair lay frazzled: framing the side of her face. The white streak I had come to adore so much resting atop it all. The smooth skin on her face dotted with freckles looked like pure porcelain. I felt so much happiness being with her like this. I was overcome with joy and I realized then that something wasn't right, this was all to real. Too perfect. I reached my hand out to stroke her hair, I didn't care if this was some sick dream. At least here I was with her. As my finger tips made contact with her hair it began to crumble away, the area around me changed. Everything went black and soon I found myself standing directly in front of her. But this time there was no warm light. I could hear nothing but the diluted screams coming from behind me. My eyes moved in slow motion as I looked up to catch her gaze. There were tears streaming down her face as she sputtered my name coughing up blood. A ringing in my ears began as I tried to make out what she was saying to me. I felt something warm running down my arm. I looked down to see my hand was resting on her shoulder, while the other penetrated her heart.~

I shot up gasping for air, it was only a dream. I looked beside me to see my teammates asleep. I wondered if their dreams were haunted by these sorts of things as well. I know now why Kagome never wanted to be alone at night, my mind raced at what she was doing now. If she was safe somewhere. I hoped to everything above that she wasn't doing anything reckless.

KAGOMES POV

I was shown to a room inside the fortress like house I was being kept in. Sesshomaru saw to it that I was given a proper room and a comfortable living space, despite being kept here against my will. He frightened me terribly, I knew I wouldn't be getting out of here any time soon. At least not without help. Once the man who led me to the large room shut the door I immediately exhaled loudly. It seemed I was holding my breath the whole walk here. I was waiting for something to happen, after all anyone who works for Orochimaru has to have a few tricks up their sleeve. I moved about the room checking to make sure there weren't any traps or anything suspicious that could harm me here. When everything checked out ok I turned my attention to the large window at the end of the wall. I opened it and looked down, it was a considerable height but it wouldn't be a problem for a ninja like me. As soon as my thoughts went to trying to escape I heard his voice behind me. His chilling cold voice. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." I spun around to face him managing to step away in the process. He glared at me before moving his long white hair out of his face. I noticed then that he had only one arm... he noticed my frantic composure and spoke up once more "Why do you fear me. Have I not given you a comfortable living space? Appropriate attire? A safe haven away from Orochimaru. I would expect a little gratitude by now." He took a step towards me as he spoke, I noticed that when his feet made contact with the ground frost appeared then melted.

"You're asking me why I'm acting this way? I have the right to be suspicious you know, I was meant to be taken to Orochimaru. I wanted to go to him. I need to go to him. And instead I'm here with you, because what? You desire me for my powers?" I lashed out at him with my words. Just as I finished speaking I felt his hand grab me by the face, a fierce rage in his eyes. He forced me to look at him I was unable to struggle against him. "The tone you're speaking to me in almost seems like one of anger. Would you like me to tell you what Orochimaru planned on doing with you! Or shall I spare the gruesome details and show you myself!" He shoved me backwards and drew out his sword. The long slender blade stood inches before my face. He stood tall before me staring down at me over the helm of his blade. "So why spare me then!? If you're going to kill me then do it! Get it over with!" I yelled out to him and closed my eyes. Waiting for the moment he strikes. But instead all I heard was the sound of his sword sliding into his sheath and the soft patter of his feet as he turned and walked out the door. He stopped in the doorway and spoke before leaving "I spared you because I desire the same thing you do. And by the way, if you speak to me that way again. I'll hand you over to him gladly." With a wave of his hair he walked out of the room. I stood there dumbfounded at what just happened. I was so sure he was going to kill me. I stumbled over to the bed and sat down, my head spinning with thoughts. What did he mean when he said he desired the same thing I do? Does he mean he wishes to see Orochimaru dead?! It seems someone of his caliber would be able to take orochimaru out easily. If he hasn't done it yet then that means... Orochimaru must be stronger than him. It's hard to believe that. Sesshomaru himself is probably the most terrifying man I've come in contact with. The ice emanating from him was enough to prove that.

I pushed myself into the corner of the wall sitting on the bed. The sheets were pure white and clean, the smell of fresh flowers lingered in the room. I wondered more about Sesshomaru, he was incredibly mysterious. If he was the lord of this village.. then why we're the residents so unwilling to speak about him? They must have some sort of fear for him. Although he didn't seem to be a tyrannical leader, there were fresh foods and happy citizens around. This was all so weird to me. I sat there in the corner mulling him over in my mind, trying to understand his motives. His face appeared in my mind. His Icey cold eyes staring at me with an expressionless gaze, the red slash markings on each of his upper cheeks. Then another image came into mind, his red marks brought Kiba to my mind. His warm brown eyes and fang riddled smile. They were opposites it seemed. My heart ached at the thought of Kiba. It seems sleep will be completely out of the question tonight. Maybe tomorrow I will learn more. I sat there for a couple more hours before I drifted off into a shallow sleep.

I awoke to the sound of two women in my room calling out to me. My eyes shot open as I sat up defensively. They were small old women who looked to be twins, comfortable smiles plastered on their face. "Lady Kagome, sorry to wake you, but Lord Sesshomaru has made a change of plans." One of them spoke bowing to me. Change of plans? What does that mean?? "We don't have much time to get you dressed now follow us." The other spoke smiling at me. I hesitantly did as they told and followed them into a giant washroom. They instructed me to wash up in the warm waters. Once I was out one of them brushed my hair while the other put makeup on me. "Why do I need this?" I asked pulling my face back aggravated. "Lord Sesshomaru requested it of course!" One of them spoke to me applying red lipstick on me. I stood up once she was done and looked at my face in the mirror, she painted my face beautifully. But the intent behind all this worried me. Why did he want me to have this? And what were these change of plans. Then one of the women handed me a kimono. It looked so similar to the one Sesshomaru wore. It was an expensive white fabric with red flower patterns on it. I pushed it away from me refusing the women. Whatever he was planning I didn't like it and I wasn't going to abide by it. I struggled with them moving to push past them when I suddenly came in contact with someone's body. I stumbled backwards and looked up to see Sesshomaru standing before me. He looked down at me with the same expressionless stare "is there a problem with the garment I prepared for you." I looked up at him and swallowed hard gathering my courage to speak up against him. "Yes there is. In fact I have a problem with this whole situation! Why are you making me wear this?!" I gestured to my face and the kimono still being held by the women. He looked at me firmly not blinking "I came down here to see what was taking so long. And here you are....once again proving to be difficult. If you must have a reason I'll give you one. A group of ninja are in the village looking for you, I suspect they are with Orochimaru. You shall accompany me out of the village, you are no longer safe here." He turned and looked at the women reaching for the kimono. He held his arm out to it grasping it and tossing it my way. "If you need an explanation as to why you're being dressed like this, fine. The last thing you were seen in were the clothes you were wearing before. You need to change your look so that when we leave the village you won't be suspected at first glance. It should fit you perfectly, now put it on. My patience is wearing thin." And with that he turned away from me and walked out of the room. I held it in my hands standing dumbfounded, the two women behind me stood silently. So people had found me here.... he seemed worried about them, orochimarus men must be strong. As much as I hated it I put on the kimono and went to look in the mirror once more. The sash cinched the waist of it in fitting perfectly. If this were another situation I would have thought it to be beautiful. When I was done getting dressed I was escorted out of the room and into the throne room where Sesshomaru was. He looked me up and down walking over towards me. "Here this will mask your scent." He held out his hand and grasped my neck rubbing perfume on it. I jumped at his actions and pulled away from him "what are you doing!!?" I shouted at him. He pulled his hand away and turned on his heel away from me. "Don't you know anything about tracker ninja. They can isolate your smell and follow it, so I fixed that by changing your scent. Now come. They are almost here." He looked back at me once more before leading me out a door in the back of the building. I didn't know what he was planning, but I hoped to discover his true intentions soon.