Meet my family

Our journey was coming to an end as we awoke the next morning and made our way back. If we kept a good pace we would arrive before nightfall. We kept our formation as usual which put me up front with Neji. I liked hanging around Neji because he was extremely easy to tease. I could change my tone and he would think I was angry with him or upset and he would become extremely flustered. But he knew I cared for him even though I picked on him quite a lot. I managed small talk with him mostly if I wasn't picking on him, occasionally I would look back to see Kiba pouting at me laughing with Neji. I looked back at Neji who smiled at me kindly. "So you'll help me train still when we get back right? This newfound strength doesn't scare you does it." I asked him while we walked. He laughed and looked over at me. His laugh was a rare thing. He was always so stoic and mysterious he almost never laughed and if he did it was a slight chuckle. "Oh so you think I'm frightened of your strength hm?" He said still laughing placing a hand on his chin. "Hey I'll keep it between you and me if you are don't worry." I said winking at him and nudging him with my elbow. "Thank you for your consideration but I think I'll manage. I expect you to be a better sparring opponent now though." He smirked looking down at me. His pale eyes invading my mind. "I'll try not to disappoint." I found myself unable to escape his gaze. "My dear you never have." He said quietly. I blushed a bright red in shock at his words. He did the same as we both looked away from each other's eyes *woah now... I'm not leading him on am I? I'm just being friendly and here recently he's been..... well..... kinda weird. And that just now?! What was that. I mean don't get me wrong I love the kid but I don't LOVE love him. I thought it was clear that I was sort of a thing with Kiba... I guess this is something I will have to clear up.*
I huffed looking anywhere but Neji as I distanced our space. I didn't want to lead Neji on in any way. He was a very good man after all and a dear friend. I didn't want what we had to be ruined because of this either. I kept relatively quiet the rest of the way trying to think of something to say to break the awkward silence. Luckily I didn't have to think much longer because Shikamaru spoke up. "Were almost there." He stated bluntly. I looked behind me at him and smiled *thank you Shikamaru I was beginning to sweat bullets* it's wasn't much later and we had arrived by mid day.

We all made our way to Lady Tsunades office to report in, Shikamaru led the conversation because he was the leader. Shikamaru and Neji left leaving myself and Kiba in the office. "You've changed. Your chakra is stronger, a lot stronger." Tsunade said raising an eyebrow at me. I sighed and looked up to catch her eyes. "That's what I need to talk to you about.... Zanka... my grandfather. He was the voice that reached out to me. He needed to speak to me before he died to tell me of my duty..." I said looking past her at my reflection in the l window. "Zanka... I thought he had passed. And Duty? What duty???" She asked puzzled. "It's all confusing but my grandfather was the chosen vessel of Seriyu. He faked his death to try and stop the advances of the men after him and my clan. Obviously that didn't work. My duty is to now carry on his. I'm now the vessel of Seriyu." I said looking up into her eyes. She choked on her words shocked by this. "And Seriyu wishes to speak with you.... tomorrow....... if that's ok." I asked quietly. She sat in silence for a moment processing all I had told her before looking down at her desk. "I don't think I'm in the position to refuse one of the divine five. Ok then. Tomorrow on the training grounds at noon we will meet with him. I will let the village know to not be alerted by his presence or try and approach. Very well then you're dismissed." She said looking out at the village through the window. She seemed taken back by it all, I couldn't blame her though I would be as well. Kiba and myself thanked her for her time as we left the building walking back in the direction of our homes.

We walked silently side by side down the road, it was a comfortable silence. Akamaru was in front of us chasing bugs Kiba laughed quietly at him. I looked up at him watching as he looked ahead laughing. His skin basked in the orange hue of the setting sun giving him a beautiful glow. I took the time to appreciate his face, his handsome features stood out among everything else. I couldn't help but think of how thankful I was for him. He was always thinking of me in everything he did. I never once asked him if my problems were too much, I never asked if he wanted to get dragged into all of this. He caught me staring at him and smirked at me. I turned my face away biting my thumb before turning back to meet his eyes. "Kiba.... thank you." I spoke quietly and then looked ahead of me.
"What're you thanking me for?" He asked confused.
"Well, everything I guess. I don't say it enough. You do so much for me and I don't understand why. I surely don't deserve it." I spoke quietly turning my gaze down to look at my feet as we walked. He stopped at my words and grabbed my arm causing me to turn and face him. "You don't have to thank me for that." He looked down at me with a serious facial expression. I tried to turn away from him but he wouldn't let me. "It's just.... you don't have to do all you do for me. I've never once asked you if you wanted this.... if you wanted to get dragged into my problems and my life. I don't want you to bear my burdens. But you do it anyway......and I don't appreciate you enough." He grabbed both of my arms and forced me to look at him as he held me close. "Don't say that. You're not a burden. Everything I've done, I've done it because I want to. Because you're what is precious to me." He looked deep into my eyes. *im what's precious to him.....* I wanted to show him he was precious to me as well. I'm not the best at expressing myself in those ways because well I've never had anyone to care about like this. But I did care for him. I wanted him to know that. "Kiba I-" I was stuck. I didn't know what to say back to him. It seemed my words were lost in his eyes. I could see his love for me as he looked into my eyes. I was overwhelmed with it, I was drowning in a sea of words trying to find the right ones to say. "I've never been good with words...but, if you give me the time I will show you how precious you are to me." I said blushing trying to turn away from him. His eyes grew wide before he smiled at me blushing as well. I trailed my hand down his arm until my fingers met his lacing them together. And with that we continued our walk back towards our homes.