Kagomes hidden power

I awoke the next morning and put on my gear ready for whatever the day could throw at me. My stomach growled as I walked out of the Inn. Looking around for a place to grab breakfast I passed by a fruit stand and decided to grab something from there, conveniently enough I saw a pet supply stand and immediately thought to get something for Akkamaru I'm sure he would love it. With my orange in hand I put the bone I got for Akkamaru in my pack before peeling the orange and popping a slice in my mouth.
When I arrived at the training grounds Kurenai Sensei and the others hadn't arrived yet so I decided to climb up in a tree and finish my breakfast. I had almost dozed off before I saw the team of three appear. I jumped down from the tree and waved walking towards them.
"Hey guys how are you all this morning!" I asked smiling at them.
"Hello Kagome I'm doing well! It's a beautiful morning is it not." Hinata said speaking softly. I could tell by her voice and timid actions she was a very shy girl. I shook my head in an agreeing manner looking towards Shino who seemed disinterested in everything around him. He must be the quiet and reserved type. I disregarded what I was going to say to him and instead turned my attention to Kiba who was smiling at me fangs peeking through. "Oh that reminds me! I hope you don't mind Kiba but I got this for Akkamaru this morning on my way here." I said pulling the bone out from my pack. Akkamaru lept forward barking as he snatched the bone from my hand and began gnawing at it. I laughed as the large hound nearly knocked me over causing me to grab hold of Kibas arm to steady myself. He blushed at my action and laughed looking towards his dog. "Even if I did mind I don't think I'd be able to take that bone from him alive!" He said turning his face towards me with a closed eyed smile. Shino spoke up looking at the three of us "Kurenai Sensei is almost here" he was staring at a bug on the palm of his hand. "Thanks for the heads up Shino." Hinata said turning to face the entrance.

I walked over and stood beside her complementing her outfit. "That color looks great on you Hinata you look very pretty." I really hoped to become good friends with Hinata, especially after what Tsunade said about her also having a special inherited Kekkei Genkai the Byakugan. Hinata peered up at me and smiled happily "thank you Kagome aha same for you, you're really very beautiful I can see why the boys have taken a liking to you." She said eyes glancing over at kiba who choked at her words turning to face shino.

Soon Kurenai sensei was standing before us looking directly at me red eyes piercing my mind. "Nice to finally meet you Kagome, I'm Kurenai. Lady Tsunade has filled me in on your past and your abilities as a kunoichi. So not only do you have a Kekkei Genkai but you can also use Chakura Kyuin Jutsu. Very interesting." She said placing a hand on her hip and smiling before speaking again "that's just what we need. Another strong kunoichi to whip these boys in their place." She said winking at me and Hinata then looking at the others. "Kiba, Shino. You two go off and train I'm going to oversee a sparing match between Hinata and Kagome here." Kurenai said smirking at the two of us.

Hinata gasped as she looked up at me I could tell that Hinata was a gentle girl and didn't like causing harm to others. So to reassure her I spoke up "don't worry Hinata! We're friends now if you hurt me I won't be angry with you! This will strengthen our bond." I smiled looking at Kurenai sensei and shook my head agreeing to the match. Kiba and shino darted off into the nearby woods and Hinata and myself took opposite sides of the field looking at one another. Kurenai called for a no holds barred match between us. Anything goes as long as we don't kill each other. I grew nervous as I looked towards Hinata. She was obviously well versed in battle and with her abilities but I lacked the confidence in myself and the experience on the field. I hoped that I wouldn't get beaten too badly I didn't want to make a fool of myself after Lady Tsunade spoke so highly of me to everyone.

Kurenai called for the match to begin as I closed my eyes and took a deep breath waiting for Hinata to make the first move. She activated her Byakugan and ran towards me. She was going to use her gentle fist against me to stop the flow of my chakra so I had to do everything in my power to avoid her hitting me. I dodged a palm to my chest as her leg swooped under me and knocked me to the ground. Dammit not even a minute in and she's already getting the better of me. Think Kagome think. I didn't want to use my Kekkei Genkai against her because i rely too much on its power in battle. I needed to tap into the power I possessed without its help. Soon my mind drifted back to my time training with my father.