Chapter 60: Before It's Too Late

AT THE TERRACE

Nandini dragged Manik to the terrace and got him seated in one of the couches placed there.

Nandini: What was that?    

Manik (confused): What was what?

Nandini: What was happening in the room?

Manik (acting as if he didn't know): Which room?

Nandini: Stop acting as if you don't know what I am talking about.

Manik (Acting as if he realised it now): Oh you are talking about the room to which I had called you in?

Nandini: Manik, stop acting.

Manik: Well that was a get well soon surprise.

Nandini: That's it.

Manik: Yes

Nandini: Manik, please don't hide things with me. Tell me before it gets too late.

Manik: Nandini, that was just a get well soon surprise and that's it. It was from entire FAB5.

Nandini: No it wasn't. It was from you alone. They were there to just help you do the thing. And if you still say it is a get well soon surprise, then what the hell was that piece of paper?

Manik: No Nandini, it was from everyone.

Nandini: Fine then, keep whatever is in your mind to yourself. But I just want to remind you one last time. Don't do anything that you will regret later and which you can never repair.

With this Nandini left the terrace.

Manik: I can't tell you Nandini. I can't share what I feel about you. Your love has come back and it is best that you stay with him as your happiness is with him.

With this Manik leaves for the Auditorium as they had received an announcement.

AUDITORIUM

People were standing with their respective groups. There was Team Space (Mukthi, Alya, Dhruv, Cabir, Manik and Nandini) and teams from each of the other schools in the next level of the competition.

Announcer: So guys, here is the first inter Academy round. It is very simple yet a bit confusing. So stay focussed. Their will 5 questions to the game. The answer can either be a location or a thing in that location. If it is a location, then you will have to go and stand there and then one of the volunteers will ask you the location. If it is a thing you will have to bring it here. Every time only one member in the team will play and the question will be said only once. So stay focussed. Let's see who will win the game. The first person should step forward from their team.

Nandini placed a step forwards showing her willingness to begin the game. Followed by Navya from her team.

Announcer: With clothes of green, and bark of a dog, Search me for the goods, I sleep like a log. Find the location and when you reach it tell what the answer is.

Nandini kept thinking and then she realised that the thing was in the garden to which she ran and behind her the rest of the contestants.

On reaching the garden, Nandini ran and hugged the tree to which Navya did the same and the rest of the contestants.

Volunteer: What is the answer Ms. Nandini?

Nandini: A tree......

Like this both Navya and Nandini got the first point. (Only first 5 people who reach the location gets a point.)

Announcer: You need to stop and take a look at the contents of any book. This is the place for you to read. It isn't a library that you need.

One of the contestant: How is that possible? The answer is library.

It was Cabir and Abhimanyu who made the run first. The two of the looked at each other and smiled at the victory that they would achieve. The two of them ran into a room and the volunteer asked the answer.

Two of the together: A Reading Room

Announcer: There's a place nearby you'll want to meet. A portal place where people greet. Find me at the gatekeeper's home. Search this area with a fine toothed comb.

Soha and Alya looked at each other and nodded their head in total victory. They ran towards the entrance of the building and sat on the desk near the main entrance.

Volunteer: What is the answer?

Together: A Reception.

Announcer: A court of all love with balls from above. The way you must get is split with a net.

Harshad and Dhruv looked at each other and ran for their destination. It was the tennis court and the two of them hugged out of joy.

Announcer: The last question of the round. With this we will get two colleges rising up the victory board. The question is: I'm full of pins and interesting stuff. People stare and can't get enough. Paper and invites hang around. Up on the wall I can be found. Get one thing on it and come here and give it to me.

Both Aryaman and Manik sprinted towards the location. They ran to the college notice board and pulled out and paper and ran to the announcer.

Announcer: So the answer was Notice Board and that means the first two tams rising the victory board is Team Manik and Aryaman. With this the first round comes to an end and soon we will have the last and final round tomorrow from which we will get Team India. Thank you and have a nice day.

With this they left and everyone went to their respective room while FAB5 went to meet Nandini's friends in their room.

PRECAP: FAB5 AND RANGING WARRIORS TO TALK. PREPARATION FOR THE NEXT ROUND.

DO VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW ME. EGGS AND TOMATOES ARE ALWAYS WELCOME. I AM REALLY SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE. I HAD MY EXAMS GOING ON BEFORE. I HOPE THIS UPDATE MADE UP FOR IT. 

WITH LOVE, GAYATHRI