Chapter 18: It's Your Home

AT THE DINING TABLE

NANDINI'S OUT FIT

Nandini came to the hall and saw the Malhotra's were already sitting and waiting for her. Ragini stood up and gestured her to sit. Nandini smiled faintly and sat down.

(THIS IS SEATING ARRANGEMENT)

NANDINI    RAGINI

-----------------------------------------------

  MANIK         NEIL      CABIR

Ragini started serving the dishes on the plate. At 1st Nandini protested at this gesture for her but finally gave up on seeing the mother's stubbornness for the same. After serving the dishes, Ragini sat down.

Nandini: you seriously didn't have to wait for me, I come late at times.

Neil: beta, at our place it was a rule that we should only start eating when all the members are present at the dining hall.

Nandini once again smiled and our Manik got lost in her grace.

Ragini: waise beta, you didn't tell me your favourite so I made the favourite dishes of our family. You don't mind right?

Nandini (smiles): no, not at all. Consider this as your own home. You have full right to do so. But only one thing, please don't enter the room at the attic and the basement. They are not meant to be seen.

The Malhotra's looked at Nandini and saw something unusual, some sort of hatred was depicted through her voice. They agreed and decided to finding about it later.

Nandini: uncle, how is your business going on?

Ragini: 2nd rule at the dining table, you are not supposed to talk about work while eating. It stresses you more. Only about personal life, no professional life.

Nandini smiled and nodded in agreement.

Ragini: waise Nandini, doesn't Neyonika make anything for you beta?

Nandini chocked at these words. Neyonika never cared a damn about her. She was completely money minded person. A heartless and discouraging person. But she couldn't understand how these people sitting here even liked her a bit.

Nandini (as if didn't hear anything): ah, I have to go get ready. Will see you guys later.

With this she left the house and left a dumb folded Malhotra's behind. Both Manik and Cabir understood that it was somehow linked with the incident that took place the previous night.

Cabir: I think so we know the reason why she ignored your question.

With this they explained the entire incident to them which left the elders at a shock state. It was natural for any parent to react like that.

Ragini: that means her sadness has something to do with Neyonika. But as far as I know her, she is a really kind and caring person then how come this can happen.

Manik: mom, haven't you heard 'DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER'? Who knows Neyo aunty isn't the same as we think she is.

Neil: Manik and Cabir, I need the two of you to take really good care of Nandini. She is really a beautiful gem but covered with dirt.

Manik & Cabir (saluting him): as you say sir.

Neil (smiles): band kar batameez and go after her. Anyways, you guys are getting really late.

Both Manik and Cabir kissed their parents on their cheeks and left for their usual destination, Space.

SPACE

Between the hustle bustle of the students, there was one who was talking to someone at the phone which was worth listening.

The person: she is fine... yah..... She doesn't know me.....

WHO IS THE PERSON? WHO IS HE TALKING ABOUT?

PRECAP: CHANGE IN TIME TABLE.

DO VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW ME. EGGS AND TOMATOES ARE WELCOME.

LOVE GAYATHRI