Chapter 67: Choices To Reconsider

IN A ROOM

Cabir entered the room where both Neil and Ragini were sitting on the bed and Manik was standing near the window.

Cabir: Hey guys....  

Ragini: Kya beta hame abh paraya kardiya.

Cabir: It's nothing like that.

Neil: Not now Ragini, let him tell what he wants to say.

Manik: Yah bhai tell yaar.

Cabir: I know you people wouldn't like to hear this at all and this would be one of the last things you want to hear but this is what should be done.

Manik: You are frightening us Cabir with your words. What are you talking about?

Cabir: I want mom and dad to change my legal custody back to the Murthy's.

Neil (jumping): What!!

Manik: Are you crazy?

Ragini: Abh yeh din bhi dekhne pade.

Cabir: All this while I didn't know where were my parents but now I know and it's my duty to get back with them. I need to be Nandini's brother now.

Manik: You can be that without doing this too.

Cabir: You're not in my position so you don't know how it feels to be in my place. The feeling of reassurance I need to give her can only be done if I am with her and that's only possible if I do this.

Ragini: Do you really want to?

Neil: What he's saying is right Ragini, he needs to be with her. You know how bad Nandini's life was and no one is actually there to take care of her all the time. If he's with her, she will feel safe and secure.

A man: No he's not right.

Everyone turned around and found Yuvraj at the door.

Yuvraj: You're not right Mr. Cabir. My daughter doesn't need your sympathy. She needs a brother and if you are asking this from them to treat her with sympathy I better not have that. My daughter needs love and not your sympathy so don't take this decision without rethinking your priorities.

With this Yuvraj left with a dissatisfaction on his face.

Manik: How could he even say that to you? Let me teach him a lesson.

Cabir: Shut up Manik. He's my dad and he has the right to say that.

Ragini: Control your temper Manik and you Cabir, control your tongue.

Neil: Anyways Cabir, I agree with Yuvraj, what you said doesn't justify much. You need to know what you want to do and then come and tell this to us. Anyways we will always support you so once you get your priorities right you can get back to us.

ANOTHER ROOM

Sidharth was looking at some photo of Nandini on and wall when she entered.

Nandini: You called Sidharth?

Sidharth: Wow Nandini, from Sid to Sidharth. I want to know when will his name change from Manik to honey?

Nandini: What are you trying to say?

Sidharth: I am not bloody blind Nandini. I can see how much you have changed. You are giving him more priority than me as if he is your boyfriend.

Nandini: He's just a friend.

Sidharth: Just a friend. Yah right Nandini and that's why when you first wake up in the hospital you want to see his face and not anyone else.

Nandini: I love you Sidharth.

Sidharth: No you don't, your body language says how much you really mean it. One think you have to clear right now, either it's him or me.

Nandini: It's.....

Sidharth: Don't utter a word right now. Every word you say right now will be a lie in my years. Once we reach Dubai I'll ask you the same thing again and only then will you answer me.

Nandini: But..

Sidharth: Just leave Nandini, I don't want to ruin this day anymore.

With this Nandini left the room with tears dropping down her eyes.

PRECAP: CABIR TO SEE A SOBBING NANDINI. PLANS TO CONSOLE HER.

DO VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW ME. EGGS AND TOMATOES ARE ALWAYS WELCOME. I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED MY UPDATE. MY LAST EXAM, MATH, WILL GET OVER ON THE 28TH OF THIS MONTH AND FROM THEN I'LL BE REGULAR. WISH ME LUCK GUYS.

WITH LOADS OF LOVE,

GAYATHRI