Chapter 38: Changing The Rules Of Raksha Bandhan!!

INSIDE THE MASION

Neil was holding the door shut with his left hand and with the other hand outstretched, he was lightly pushing Ragini away

Ragini (struggling): Neil let me go, I have to talk to Nandini.

Neil: You should have thought about it before doing something like this, overacting ki dukhan.

Ragini: As if Mr. Neil Malhotra didn't act at all. Even you could have controlled your acting skills.

Neil: By the way you started it. I thought that you would lightly scold her but you changed the entire scene. And what can I do, you are already paying me on your fingertips.

Ragini stepped back and then lightly punched his shoulder to which he just laughed.

Ragini (grumpily): I am not paying with you on my fingers.

Neil (pulling her cheeks): Some is be grumpy while complaining.

Ragini: Please Neil, let's go to them. I want to say sorry to her.

Neil (sighing): okay. Come let's go.

With this he opened the door but before he could step outside, something hit him hard which left him to move a few steps back. It wasn't any object but a person. It took him time to register what had happened but after sometime and smile was playing on his face. He hugged the person back. Ragini was now smiling on seeing the person hugging her husband.

Seconds later a boy crashed on the floor. Ragini looked at the person and he was none other than Cabir. He was completely exhausted. Coming after him was Manik, who soon halted at his pace and knelt down holding his knees. It was very clear now that the brothers had come running. It was Manik who started the conversation.

Manik: damn, this girl is not just fast while driving but while running also she can't slow down for a second.

With this Nandini and Neil and parted and was looking at Manik.

Cabir: well you forgot to mention this. According to me, if she is fast in both running and driving or I must say racing, she would also be fast in get hot boys in her charms. Aren't I right mom?

Both Neil and Ragini giggled at this while looked down in embracement. An achievement established by Cabir of getting Nandini to blush. Pat on the shoulders. Cabir smiled with victory of pulling Manik's leg and Nandini to blush where as Manik kicked him hard enough to shut his mouth. Nandini turned to Neil.

Nandini: I am really sorry for whatever your son did to you. I really didn't knew what I was up to. I am even sorry to you aunty.

Neil: no child don't be sorry. We should be the ones who have to say sorry to you. Ragini wanted to play a little game with you. We seriously didn't have any idea that we would hurt you.

Ragini (moving towards Nandini): Neil is right Nandini, I just wanted to tease you a bit. I didn't know it would affect you in this way. By the way, I wanted to tell you something. Never in my entire life of being a mother have I seen my sons waking up early up in the morning and doing workout and to be specific, getting my sons to make their bed. But you did it. At least by this IQ test preparations my sons have learnt discipline. And I thank you from the bottom of my heart for that.

Neil: No one has changed our sons like this other than you. And we are not angry about it but happy. More than happy, we are overwhelmed. I hope all your wishes come true.

Nandini (smiling): Well in that case, I have a wish and only you can make it come true.

Ragini (holding Nandini's chin): What si it beta?

Nandini: wait a sec.

With this Nandini sprinted up the stairs and vanished.

Manik: doesn't she ever get tired.

Cabir: because she is Superwomen.

Manik: hahahaha very funny.

With this Cabir also got on his feet and the two of them when and stood beside their parents. Moments later Nandini came down with her hands at the back. It very evident that she was hiding something. She stood right in front of them and started the convo.

Nandini: I know the four of you are thinking what am I hiding, well that is a suspense which will revealed soon after you answer a few questions. It's like a rapid fire round. I need the answers in unison. Okay?

Malhotra's (in unison): Okay.

Nandini: wow, somebody is following the instructions in perfection. Okay then, 1st question- Can I trust you?

Malhotra's: yes

Nandini: good, second question- Do you trust me?

Malhotra's: yes

Nandini: 3rd question – Even when the entire world stands against me, will you still stand by my side?

Malhotra's: yes

Nandini: do you like to change some rules?

Malhotra's: yes

Nandini: okay then, this question round is over. Now stretch out your right hand.

All of them show them their wrists to her. Nandini bring her hands from the back and showed them what was in her hands. There were 4 threads. Each having and bead in the centre.

Nandini: you know I have many of these with me. I don't believe in god and all but I did believe in my brother. He used to say that Raksha Bandan is something a sister tie to her brother so that he is officially given the duty to protect her. Don't forget the part that it was to be renewed annually so that the brother remember it. But I didn't get the chance for a long time but I always bought one on every Raksha Bandan day and saved it so that when my brother return I tie all of them. But I think now that bhai will be angry if I don't give this duty to someone else so I chose to give it to you. You guys might not as well be my brother but you are people who I can trust and I want to tie this to you. I am changing the rule of tying it to only brothers.

With this she started tying it to Neil then Ragini and then Cabir. They happily took it. But when it came to Manik he jerked back before she could tie it on him. The other just giggled at the sight whereas Nandini was confused by his gesture. To protect his brother Cabir said.

Manik: well Manik doesn't believe in tie such bands and ne hates to tie anything religious on him. He only like to pray you see.

Nandini (turned away from Manik): Okay then, as you like it.

PREACP: AT SPACE. IQ TEST BEGINS.

DO VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW ME. EGGS AND TOMATOES ARE ALWAYS WELCOME. ITS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I HAVE UPDATED. I GOT A BIT CARRIED AWAY BY MY WORKS. DO FORGIVE.

THERE IS ONE MORE THING I WANT YOU TO KNOW AND IT IS THAT I HAVE STARTED A NEW BOOK CALLED "THE WORLD OF THE CREATORS". ITS AN INTERVIEW BOOK. YOU CAN SUGGEST SOME NAMES OF WRITERS BY COMMENTING BELOW AND I WILL TAKE THEIR INTERVIEW. EVEN IF YOU ARE A WRITER YOU CAN GIVE YOUR NAME IN THE COMMENTS.

WITH LOVE, GAYATHRI