But still she must prove to him that she didn't care anymore that she'd moved on. " just a sec" she turned around as she gathered her courage. " you've got this mia,no shame,courage"

Who was she kidding,she couldn't do it, she wasn't sure she could be that courageous just yet. She removed her hands from her buttons as she turned to face him again.

"Um I don't think I can, the water looks cold" she mentally slapped herself. Just great mia,you still act shy in front of him,seriously?

She hated herself now,she still hadn't changed,how was she ever going to prove to him that she'd moved on if she couldn't take her clothes off in front of him.

"Come on ,its not so cold,its relaxing" Chris tried persuading her once more.

"I'll be fine,I'll just sit by the rocks over there,maybe next time" she hurried towards the rocks a little bit off shore but not too deep into the lake.

Chris sighed as he swam backwards enjoying the water. Mia sat silently raking her brain for a topic to discuss when she mistakenly voiced her thoughts.

"God,why am i so nervous,its not like he's naked......" She said absent mindedly as she pushed her legs back and forth in the water.

"What..?" He asked not quite sure of what she said.

"What?!" She replied as she realised what she'd said. oh my God mia ,why are you so stupid,did I just say that aloud?

"I heard you saying something,."

"It was nothing,I was just saying ..um ..the water felt cold" she lied. He grinned seeming to know when she lies.

"Okay, what's that behind you?" Chris pointed towards the woods as he drew closer. Mia turned around trying to see what it was,then he pulled her into the lake.

She was immediately soaking wet as she tried maintaining her balance in the lake. Chris was immediately by her side trying to steady her. She splashed the water in annoyance as she glared at him.

"What did you do that for?... My clothes are all wet," she whined.

"Doesn't the water feel relaxing,you need to relax,you've been so stuck up and it isn't that cold either" he said

"No I've not,...uh you just ruined my clothes....I'll get you back" she announced like a child.

Chris swam further into the lake in a bid to escape her but she swam after him. "You can't catch me if you can't beat me at swimming" he said playfully. He continued to swim forward until he could no longer hear her swimming behind him.

He swam backwards as fear gripped his heart,did she drown,oh no mia but she can swim ,at least a little bit,its all my fault ,he panted as he looked around the lake but nothing.

"Mia!...... Mia!" He called out but no answer. He panicked as his heart went frantic. Where is she,please don't die on me mia..he thought.

Mia suddenly grabbed him from behind as she yelled in his ear" got cha"

She laughed ever so loudly,as she saw his face. " I got you,..." She continued to laugh. Chris just stared at her as she laughed wholeheartedly.

He realised just how Much he still cared for her, and that if anything were to happen to her he'd die for sure.

" you scared me mia,I thought you drowned " he said swimming closer to her as he pulled her in for a hug.

Mia froze as he flung his naked arms around her. The hug was so tight that she could feel his heartbeat. It was so loud mixing with hers. She could feel his toned abs pressing into her and his strong arms keeping her in place.