She would also look at him when he wasn't looking to see how he ate. She felt like having a bite of the chocolate pudding placed at the center of the table so she reached for it and so did he at the same time.

They both looked at each other ,as they tried getting the bowl to their side. Gran and mom laughed seeing their little battle. They had noticed the way they'd been staring at each other since the beginning of dinner.

"There's enough for both of you" gran laughed,she'd missed this kids so much. They both released the bowl and took turns having a bite.

Her eyes fluttered to his plate,he hadn't changed at all, he still picked his vegetables out when eating. She smiled.

Chris saw her smile, and he couldn't help but smile as well,she looked more beautiful when she smiled ,her blue eyes shining and her dimple on display. He'd missed her too much in fact.

" you know we can't thank you enough my child,if not for you ,I don't know what would have happened to my dear mia "

" its nothing grandma,she's strong as well" His voice sounded so mature and deeper ,it was like she had not heard him talk since he returned.

She got annoyed,who was he to talk so mindlessly about her in her presence,how does he know her strength when he hadn't stayed to witness it.

"You're a life saver,I can't seem to thank you enough" " its okay grandma,really its nothing ,no big deal"

" yea congrats ,you were there when I needed you,this one time,where was he all these years when I needed him,saved my ass" mia said as she stabbed her stake. It was low but he heard her loud and clear. He seemed to loose his appetite.

"I need some fresh air ,please excuse me" he headed for the patio. Her mom and gran turned to her. " what?" She turned away. They were looking at her like she made him leave but she did and she knew it.

***

"Mia ,you don't have to be so cold to him you know,I can see he's trying to apologise" her mom said as she handed mia the wet plates.

" mom,I  love you but please don't lecture me on this" she wiped the plate dry with a towel before she kept it in the rack.

" he wants to make amends,give him a chance,you know he's not the only one at fault here,you know he didn't mean to take advantage of you but you didn't stop him either so...."

Who says she was angry at him for taking her virginity,she wasn't,she was angry at him for leaving and also breaking her heart but mostly leaving.

Even if he couldn't be her boyfriend ,she still wanted him as a friend but he clearly didn't when he left. And that hurt her more. 8 years and no contact,no messages,text even letters ....nothing!.

In fact she was glad her first time was with him but she just hoped it was under better circumstances.

"Just talk to him" her mom patted her shoulder as she exited the kitchen.

***

" Chris ,my child,what are you still doing out here" gran asked Chris.

" grandma go back inside,its cold out here,I'll be fine just a little more" he cooed.

"Okay okay,if that's what you want,I'll go in,......Chris?"

"Hm?"

" be patient with her,she'll come around" she said before she went in. He missed mia ,he missed his best friend but he didn't know what to say anymore,she still held grudges.

"Mph mph" mia cleared her throat. Chris jotted in shock as he turned around. Mia froze,he looked so handsome ,more handsome than ever standing there under the moonlight with his hands shoved in his pockets.