Part 10

Thank you for the 900+ views and the new recent votes :) Thank you also to my new followers! Its been 2 months working on this fic! I feel blessed!

Also, my work is #894 on the Fantasy section wahhh?? ... I mean, its not a big deal but its pretty cool!

~+~+~+~+~+~+~

A week later, you come down with a foreign history textbook and contently read to Hoseok about different events and points in time important to a specific place, until they became all jumbled into a lazy pile and the dates seem to as well. You were practically done with the book in account of your own tiredness.

"It all very impressive." You yawn to him, like you're trying to convince both of you that what you are learning is fascinating. You are submerged up to your waist in pond water, the book discarded on sandy land. "If it wasn't obvious, I'm the worst at history. Totally bombed it."

Hoseok begins to swim in circles around you, grinning in the gleaming green water. "Always distracted?"

You giggle remorsefully, threading your fingers abstractedly through the water. "Exactly. I got my act together, got more mature. I was a real rebel." In all seriousness, you were not.

Hoseok comically slapped his hands together, gazing at your face and to the blue sky, no clouds present that afternoon. "Really? Causing trouble in hotel rooms and hallways?" He joked.

"Nah, I was a straight up nerd." You give him an ugly face and Hoseok snorts in return, your lips curl up and you splash him with water. "By the way, it's warmer today." You say, sinking lower in the water to engulf you pleasantly. "Yes, destroy winter, it's finally beginning to feel like summer!"

"I'm glad too, water takes its time warming up sadly." Hoseok smiles, idly flicking his tail to create ripples. "But, it's nice when it does."

"I second that, it was a pain dipping into the water to talk with you." You mention, reminiscing all your perpetual shivering, yet bravely proceeding to repeat the visits because you wanted to spend time with him.

"You always did it though." Hoseok confirms graciously, smiling at the thought of you with your cold skin, the shorts and white tops; searching out in the water with lonesome eyes.

"I wasn't gonna let you get away easily, because hello? I came across a real merman." You state sharply, playful feeling up his scaly tail.

"I suppose not." Hoseok hums, eloquently skimming his fingers across your arm, mirroring your actions. "Still can't swim."

"Not a bit." You chuckle faintly, your dry hair blowing in the fruitful breeze. It had never dawned on you that you haven't tried since meeting him. You were still a little afraid he would drown you, paranoid still taunted at you that he was a secret siren. A very beautiful siren.

"I should teach you." Hoseok says, sinking low in the water. "It's easy.""

"Fine, why not?" You exclaim, confidently sinking low so both your mouths are on the same level of water. Hoseok scopes out to align his fingers and your hair up and touch it like he wanted to, brushing wet hands through each strand.

After such display of sentiment, you knew deep down he wouldn't drown you like those bloody sirens would. You trusted him unconditionally, all those days you were lonely and needed a friend who didn't know almost every detail of your life outside this lake. Him hurting you wasn't his nature, and you're relatively dumb to realize that so soon. You were grateful.

"Your hair is nice." Hoseok compliments offhandedly.

"Your is too." You retort in return, you finger twirling and dancing around the thick strands on his forehead. Hoseok smiles idly, basking in the feeling of your fingertips brushing hair away from his face. It's been too long since he cut it.