Part 5.

Hello! I've gotten more view on this and I'm very happy its rising! Please vote and comment, its much appreciated! ;)

ALSO  I forgot this does not take place near or in an ocean, but at a beach. So if you're curious to know about the title, its a song I liked and realized it doesnt relate too much to the story itself. My bad ^^; Excuse the title - whatevs haha!

 ~+~+~+~+~+~+~  

It's a full week when you appear with one day with a fuzzy towel thrown casually over your shoulders and in a bathing suit. Luckily, the water had started to warm up. Hoseok enjoyed the different temperature, it reminded him of your own heat. Not entirely close, but enough. Your warmth was unique to him, he chastely found himself wanting to swim in that more than the lake.

Hoseok drifts up to the shoreline and lays his arms out on the sand. "Missed you." He says, that's how he wants to greet you from now on.

"Ditto. I've been gone too long" You beam, eyeing Hoseok out of the corner of your vision as you laid the towel down at your feet. He even noticed a newly placed necklace, resting on your collarbone. It was a sun symbol. "The week was such a drag."

"The water's fine." He comments, slowly flapping his tail.

"I guessed." You respond attentively. The shiver that crawled up your spin spewed out the odd tone you projected to him. You wondered why you were somewhat nervous for no reason at all.

"Hold on, I thought we concluded that I'm not a siren nor will I drown you?" Hoseok chuckles, a little hurt by your reaction, but was fancying the sand between his fingers to overthink it.

"Of course we did." You said, sighing your tension away, then walking over to perch yourself next to Hoseok. Distracted for a moment by him, you wondered what his hair would look like if it was fully dry. Would it by shiny, fluffy, or still smell like pond water? "To be honest, every time I follow you in deeper you never want me to get out." Your heart is fluttering. Agitation contouring your emotions from within your eyes that he couldn't see.

"I allow you to leave." Hoseok retorts, diving back into the pond to flush his gills out. He tried not to show how embarrassed he was that you realized it since the last time you two spent time together. "I swear to keep you safe."

"You sure you're up for that?" You ask, doodling in the sand next to his arm. Secretly, you wanted to see if you could get close to touching his damp arm.

Hoseok rolls his eyes. "I'm strong, I was basically born to be in the water."

"You weren't born here,"

"Whatever, you know what I mean."

Hoseok lightly tugs at your hands. "Can't let you waste a good swimsuit." For a second, you could've sworn he was drawing circles at the back of your hand with his thumb.

"In reality, I just got sick of wet shorts and underwear filled with sand." You threw out there and frowned, allowing Hoseok to take you into the water.

"Alright, not too bad?" Hoseok assures, circling around your legs, your mind recalled it the same gesture when you both first met.

"Sure. Although, I've already been out this far." Your voice cross, you eventually walked in further, keeping your eyes on his figure.

"Don't be such a meanie," Hoseok says, swimming out farther and pointing his fingers comically in your direction.

"I'm here. Sorta cold. Still going in," You remind him, the water up was now up to your chest.

"I promise it's better if your whole body is submerged." Hoseok quips, floating over to clasp your hands again. His chest pleasingly clutches. He knows that he's strangely fixed with how you feel, your skin hot. Not that it isn't new information.