Part 7.

This is even shorter than the previous one, I wanted to write it out as soon as I got home from my trip and it was a good vacay tg ^^

300+reads WOW ! Thanks alot for the continued reading/support!

~+~+~+~+~+~+~

The sky was a dark blue and the clouds were playing with the white moonshine. Hoseok was use to intense, nights like these, they were serene and personal. However, something was mismated.

You visit unexpectedly late that night

All of it was wrong.

Hoseok is gazing up at the stars, exploding light years away in their shimmering white, blue and the occasional red. Then, he hears his name being called distantly and shifting sand towards the direction of the beach. No one is here at this time of chill season, he dives immediately down, keeping eyes unconcealed above. He find you in a tight, red dress; you seemed exposed and strangely meager in the bright moonlight.

"Hoseok?" You whisper. You had no idea if he could hear you from this long distance, but you thought screw it and started to unzip your stupid dress and your fingers were already shuddering. Hoseok watched with confounded disorientation - that mirrored yours - until you were down to your underwear and bra in the shivering night air.

Your head was clouded with unilateral poison, superfluous toxins. You wanted to fucking drain it out as soon as possible. As a consequence, this was your only dire privilege, you wanted some sort of restraint with yourself, this battle was far too resilient.

Everything was wrong.

Dipping yourself hurriedly into the shallows, contrasting heavily to when Hoseok always guided you in. "S-shit ... it's freezing." You trail off saying before you distract yourself with the sleeping reeds. Silence was like a cage, and you desperately needed to talk. Come on, you think, tell him.

Hoseok stays agape, swimming cautiously and confrontating you. "Are you okay? It's late at night! Your in your underwear." Hoseok hisses between his teeth, not alarmingly so, yet enough to snap you from staying silent much too long for both of your liking.

Hoseok wants to reach out to you, however there's something offshore in your eyes and he doesn't know what to do.

"... I had a date tonight." You start, stumbling in so your pelvis was submerged underwater, continuing to allow the freezing pond water to kiss your shoulders. With dampening undergarments, all you could focus on was Hoseok's presence. "I'm sitting there having to listen to this dumb man blabber on and on ... and I had an epiphany okay ... I don't give a goddamn fuck of what he's talking about."

Hoseok ensues you, shifting closer, pleading with any star that he could rip the poison out. He's never seen you like this, and has no idea what to do. With the bright moon shining above, it only causes the shadows over your figure to cast you in immense darkness.

"I feel like I don't have any control over my life!" You confess, whimpering. "People want me to do all these things, and guess what? I just want to stay here with you! It's stupid, to admit your selfish, but thats what I really want." You dunk yourself under the pricking water for emphasize.

Hoseok pursues you, observing your underwater face as thick bubbles slip past from your nose. Taking your time, you open your eyes, and Hoseok almost leans in to press both of you closer, to accumulate you to be far more human. Eyes flickering, you stare at him, his blue tail and his fair face - you reach out to take his hand, holding it before you resurface with a timid gasp.

You again can't find the will to talk for a long beating moment, letting yourself sink down until your eyelashes are damp with water, keeping your eyes up on the string of surface.

"I wish you were human, Hoseok."

Hoseok forbids himself to provide you a justified response. Chest aching, he lets his hands compass out for your hands with holding himself back. He knew, there was nothing he could help you with, and this seems likes his logical sense of action. "Stop, dont." He wants that too, to breathe your air so much more than anything he's ever wanted. However, it's impossible. It's not like he hasn't dreamt about it every waking second you two have met, if he wasn't stuck in this pond.

You hasten on - ignoring his tensed upper body, and his words - constraint closer. "I wish you were human."

"____, stop." Hoseok pleas. His tail bumps your ankles when he flaps it, his elbows softly thumps against your chilled ribs. He's forgotten what it's like to be so intimate, so human to the touch.

"I wish ... I was a mermaid." You sob weakly, eyes shutting for too long before you open them.

Hoseok parts from you, his hands clutching on you shoulders and in your hair. He's almost mad, but it dissolves so quickly into melancholy, because you can't understand how much pain it brings to someone who's a part of water, cold and barely alive.

"All I'm asking is to stay with you." You weep, and Hoseok only turns his head, strokes a hand through your hair and presses into your warmth; or whatever's left from the cold water sipping at your once heated skin.

"I know." Hoseok says, a shiver wavering it's release through his skin at the way your hair feels. He thinks about trying to explain everything that's misguided here, how you would have to die and how not okay he is with that, no pleas, no objections. He doesn't know how to correctly respond, especially with how to word it and hopes you'll comply.

"I'll ... Find a way to figure it all out." You mutter, feeling all the more defeated, pressing your face into the murky water and fitting it perfectly into Hoseok damp neck.

"I know." Hoseok repeats again, sighing between his notted jaw. He softly combs his fingers across your skin, already clammy to the core.

He doesn't know what all of this is anymore. Or means.

You head out of the water soon, having to deal with the fact your fingers are deeply pruned up like raisins and your chapped lips numb as well as discolored. Hoseok stares at you quitely clammering up the beach without any goodbye, collecting your dress and not bothering to put it back on until you're out of sight. An aching feeling emerges, large enough to sink Hoseok to the bottom of the pond and never come back up to the surface again.