CHAPTER THREE

S.H.I.E.L.D. STORIES

                                                   CHAPTER THREE

      Tony Stark and his girlfriend, Pepper Potts, were in his penthouse celebrating the sucess of Stark Tower. When Phil Coulson came in through the elevator.

"Oh, hi, Phil!" Pepper was the first one to greet him.

"Phil?" Tony asked Pepper. "No, his first name is 'Agent' "

"Is this about The Avengers Initiative?" Pepper asked. "Which I know nothing about..."

"The Avengers Initiative was scrapped, though." Tony said.

"I didn't know that, either." Pepper said.

"And besides," Tony began, "Wasn't I 'selfish, srrogant, and prone to self-destruction' "?

"Now THAT I knew." Pepper replied.

"I've got some homework for you, Mr. Stark." Coulson continued with his job. He handed Tony a digital file that blew up into a huge size. It contained info about Captain America, Thor, Bruce Banner, and The Tesseract.

"Study up, Stark." Agent Phil Coulson left.

__________________________________________________________________________

The next day, Steve Rogers met up with Bruce Banner on the top of the S.H.I.E.L.D. Hellicarrier. They had both received a similar debreifing packet.

"Word is you can find The Tesseract." Steve said.

"Is that the only word on me?" Bruce asked.

"The only word I care about." Steve was good at bringing out the best in others. Suddenly, Black Widow came up to them.

"You may want to step, inside." She warned. "It's gonna get a little hard to breath."

"Is this a submarine?" Steve asked, amazed.

"Yeah, they want ME in a submerged, pressurized, container." Banner said.

But as they watched, engines come out of the sides, and they began to fly!