CHAPTER TWO

S.H.I.E.L.D. STORIES

                                                                CHAPTER TWO

Years have passed, by now. Clint Barton came on board. Best marksman in the world. He was sent to kill Natasha Romanoff, but they hit it off. Now they're S.H.I.E.L.D's best agents. Maria Hill was also brought in. And Phil Coulson. S.H.I.E.L.D. was doing great. They were coming up with this thing called "The Avengers Initiative." They were trying to recruit heroes to make a team, and fight the battles that they never could. One night when Nick Fury was checking on the study of The Tesseract, it started to misbehave. Nick Fury didn't like it.

"Where's Barton?" He asked Dr. Erik Selvig, who was in charge of the study.

"The Hawk?" Dr. Selvig asked. "Up in his nest, like usual." Fury looked up at Hawkeye, who was watching the scene from a catwalk in the ceiling.

"Barton, report." Called Fury. Hawkeye came down.

" I thought I told you to keep close, Agent." Said Nick Fury.

"I see better from above." Hawkeye replied.

"Well, than have you seen anything that would make The Tesseract act like this?" Fury demanded.

"If there's tampering going on, it's from the other side." Barton explained.

"Excuse me?" Fury was confused.

"Well, The Tesseract is a door to other dimensions. Doors open on both sides." Just as Clint was finishing his sentence, a gigantic beam shot out of The Tesseract, onto a nearby wall. Then smoke started rising. It started to make a shape. The shape of a man, with a staff. All of the agents were armed and ready. All of them.

"Please put the spear down!" Yelled Fury, aiming his gun at the man. The man looked down at his scepter, then at a group of agents. SUZCHH! There was a beam, similar to the one he had entered out of, and all the agents were in the ground, bloody and dead. H repeated this until only a couple people were left. Barton attacked him.

"You have heart." The man said, as he put the scepter to Barton's chest. He had been compromised. He took over Selvig's mind, too. The Tesseract's power was building, it was going to destroy the whole building. After the man introduced himself as Loki, he and his men prepared to make their get-a-way. But Fury blocked their path. And talked, and talked, and talked, and talked.

"Sir, Director Fury is stalling." Barton said to Loki. "He's trying to make us wait here to get buried."

"Like the Pharaohs of old." Fury responded.

"Take care of him." Loki instructed Hawkeye. Hawkeye pulled out a pistol. BANG! He shot Nick Fury.  Maria Hill went after Loki. It was time to put the team together.