CHAPTER EIGHT

Tony grabbed onto the pillar. His whole house was being attacked and he was left without any armor. He looked out at all the helicopters bombarding his mansion with missiles, tearing it to shreds. His whole life flashed before his eyes. He remembered making an incredible advancement in technology with his Mark 42 armor. The armor that was currently getting Pepper and his ex-girlfriend, Maya Hansen, to safety. He remember threatening the worldwide terrorist, the Mandarin, on national television. And giving him his address.

Man, that was stupid, He thought to himself, Even for me.

But he knew what could save him. 

"JARVIS!" He yelled to his Artificial Intelligence butler, over the explosions and rockets, "HOUSE PARTY PROTOCOL! NOW!"

"It appears one of the rockets has jammed the opening," The British voice told him.

"OVER FORTY ARMORS IN THERE AND THEY CAN'T BLAST THE DOOR?!"

"It appears not, Sir." He replied, "But Ms. Potts is safely outside the mansion."

"Then get me the 42!" Tony said as he was thrown into the air by an explosion. The armor started flying towards him and attaching around him as he landed and started climbing up a wall that had been slammed into the floor. He watched as one piece at a time he had a chestplate, arms, legs, and then the mask attached to his helmet. Iron Man was in business. He was sliding down the floor. 

"Jarvis, where's my flight power?" Tony asked, not wanting to be dumped in the sea.

"Working on it, Sir." Jarvis patiently answered him as bullets shook the structure, "This is a prototype."

Tony grabbed onto the top of a pole and shot a rocket at one of the helicopters. Or, at least tried to shoot a rocket at one of the helicopters. ROCKETS OFFLINE. Tony's disappointment didn't last long as he saw a grand piano sliding down and noticed his chance. He let go and blasted the piano into a helicopter, taking it down into the ocean.

"That's one," Tony remarked as he started running across the mansion.

"Sir, this suit is not combat-ready," Jarvis badgered him.

Ignoring him, Tony pulled out a rocket from his armor, threw it a helicopter, and shot it down with a repulsor blast, creating a huge explosion.

"THAT'S TWO!"

But the helicopter didn't land in the ocean like the other one. This one was headed straight for Tony! The force of the helicopter knocked Tony down into the below floor, his workshop. He was quickly sliding towards the water. He watched on in horror as one by one all of his armors blew up. And then he saw DumE struggling to hold on. Tony reached out his hand. 

"I gotcha, bud!" Tony said as DumE reached for his hand, and missed. And fell into the ocean. "NO!" Tony was in agony. Furthermore, all the objects kept pushing him close and closer to the water. Then it happened. One missile hit the roof, and sent Tony and the rest of his workshop plummiting into the depths of the ocean. A cord had caught him by the neck, strangling him and reeling him further into the water. He struggled to get free, but he just couldn't. The water started flooding into his helmet. He was gasping for air, and he knew he only had seconds of air left. He finally broke free of the cord.

And his house came down upon him.