Not Ready

Violets P.O.V

About a half an hour later the doctor told is we can go see james. He is awake...

By now kev and Victor are here. Everyone walks into James hospital room and I'm the last to make it in.

He doesn't look like himself. I stand in the doorway, not able to move in. I lose my breath and back out of the room. I lean on the wall.

Ethan with Victor come back out.

"Violet..." ethan whispers

I look at him "i-i cant-" tears roll down my cheek. We stand there in silence.

Vic reaches his hand out to me. "Yes we can" he says gently.

I force a smile and fix myself up. I take his hand and the 3 of us walk in. I see James connected to many machines, including an oxygen tank.

He didn't have his hat and he was very pale with dark circles. His lips were blue. I hate seeing him like this.

He sees me and smiles. This boy is so strong. I walk over to the bed next to my mom. "I'm sorry" I whisper.

She kisses my cheek "I don't blame you" I force a smile.

Ethan puts Victor on the bed and he climbs up to James carefully. "Hey vic" jay smiles

"Jayjay I'm happy you okay" Victor says

"I think everyone is vic" Kevin smiles.

"Does anyone have hat?" Dino tries to point to his head but he is too weak. He swallows sharply.

"No, I can go get it" I blurt before anyone else could anwser.

"No, it fine. Vi? Violet?"

More tears roll down my cheek "yeah, it's violet" I nod quickly. I cross my arms as my mom starts to rub my back.

A little while later the doctor pulls everyone out in the hall. I have a bad feeling from the look on his face.

"Um, the cancer has spread to his lungs and to the other side of his brain..." the doctor says softly.

I look down and out my hands in my pockets.

"So how long would you say?" Kevin says trying to keep it together.

"I'll be surprised if he makes the night" the doctor purses his lips together forming a straight line.

Everyone sighs . I turn to look in the room. I see Victor and James playing rock paper scissors.

So tonight...

"That soon?" Ethan says

I turn back around.

"I'm afraid so..." the doctor responds.

"Is there-"

"So, we should start saying goodbye?" I cut my mom off.

"I'm so sorry"

"Thank You rob" my mom says.

I turn toward ethan "call gray" I whisper. I walk away. I need to calm down before I have my last conversation with dino.

I find myself in the court yard which was located in the center of the hospital. I sit down on one of the cold benches. It's now 5 and the night is approaching.

I hug my knees and sit there gazing at the flowers. It Is a quiet night and during the night someone is gaining a family member somewhere and someone is losing one.

I didn't know I was gonna be in one of those categories for a while. My phone goes off and I see that ethan texted me.

"Vic, kev and ur mom are going right now. Gray is almost here. Wya?"