Chapter 75 - Aftermath (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"I'm fine... I need to see my boyfriend..." I insist.

"Impossible for now. You need surgery for your wound and X-rays for your head. Besides, the other young man is already being taken care of by other doctors..." a nurse replies as I am being rolled through corridors.

"I need to know how he is doing..." I beg.

"I'm sorry, I don't have any information on this patient but..."

"I NEED TO KNOW!!!" I shout, trying to sit up and pull on the IV in my arm, just as we get into what looks like a surgery room. Fuck! That can wait! I first need to know how Noah is doing. Is that too difficult to understand? However, a sudden warmth fills me and I find myself lying back on the stretcher. I don't really know what happens next because I feel like I am floating on a cloud of cotton; and shortly after, I black out.

The next time I regain consciousness, I seem to go through the same process of flashbacks like earlier except for a few differences. I am lying on a slightly more comfortable bed, I don't feel like my body is in motion, and I know Noah has been saved from Andrei. The pain in my shoulder is a bit better too and my headache is not so bad anymore, but I am feeling really sore. As if my body had been run over by truck. Or more likely as if I recently spent half an hour on a ring with Mike Tyson in his good old days! My muscles feel stiff and I can tell my face is hurting too. However, what pains me the most and comes above any other worry I may have is my urge to find out how Noah is doing.

My Baby Boy... the bruises on his body, the marks all over his back, the fear and pain on his face... My poor Baby Boy... What has he gone through during these two weeks? I know I shouldn't go there nor let those dark thoughts flood my head again, but I just can't help them. I failed him so badly.

"Hey Cam... Calm down, Bro... Noah is safe now..."

Aaron's voice.

Somehow, it soothes me a bit but it doesn't help my anger or my guilt at all. Noah may be safe but in what condition is he? This boy had already gone through so much. He was getting better. He was accepting himself as he is and starting to deal much better with his self-loathing and angers. How is he going to face this new hardship? Will I be able to help him this time? Do I even deserve helping him? I, the man who was supposed to protect him and keep him safe, but who only failed in his role as a Dominant?

I eventually open my eyes on a white bedroom and two familiar faces. Aaron is standing on my right side, with a mix of worry and relief on his face, a hand resting on my arm along my side. Tony is standing on the other side of the bed, and his usually blank expression here betrays a bit of irritation and torment, which says how intense these emotions must be at the moment.

"Hey! Glad to see you're back with us..." Aaron says with a warm smile.

"Where's Noah? How is he doing? I need to see him..." I say, trying to sit up.

"Don't you move, Cam... You need to see the doctor first," Aaron grumbles, pushing me back on the pillow.

"That can wait, Ron! Where is Noah?"

"He's in another room and he is sleeping right now. He won't wake up before another few hours..." Aaron simply replies.

"I still want to see him now... How is he doing? Has he spoken? What happened exactly?"

"We don't know much yet, but physically speaking, he's quite okay," Aaron says in a reassuring tone before a painful expression displays on his face. "Sadly, there are other bad news. Andrei managed to flee... and he was not alone. He took Jeremy..." Aaron adds with a strangled voice.

"Jeremy? Do you mean he was...?" I ask as new things click in my head. Yet I'm not that surprised. I did feel that both affairs might be linked.

"Yes, it seems like this poor boy was with Andrei all this time," Tony replies with irritation and they explain me what happened.