Seventeen

It's been 84 years 😂

When is it ever the right time to tell someone you miss them? How do you tell them that every inch of your thought process only consume thoughts of them?

How do you stop your heart for wanting something you know you don't need? How do you stop your brain from memorizing every single detail about them because as soon as they leave that's all you're stuck with.

How do you stop yourself from competing with yourself like it's a tug of war competition. How do you allow someone to love you without fearing that they'll hurt you cause that's all you're use too.

Dinah walked the long pathway that led her home with her hands in her pockets an a mind full of thoughts.

She looked around at all the birds flying around becoming a little jealous of the freedom they possessed " I need iyanla to fix my life or something " she mumbled lowly " I'm walking around envious of birds " she kicked a few rocks that were in her path way around.

She thought about everything that had transpired in her life while trying to push the few tears she felt about to fall " I'm not an emotional person where is this coming from " she mumbled to herself feeling the cold breeze lightly touch her face.

She took a few more steps until she heard another set of feet following close behind her not really caring to look back she continued on her journey.

She felt the presence getting closer causing her to finally turn around to see the person that she wanted and needed but didn't want to face " Are you following me " she stared at the shorter girl in front of her waiting for an answer. Not receiving one she turned around on her heels and proceeded on her way until she heard a small mumble causing her to stop in her tracks and turn around " What you say? " Dinah walked closer to her with her annoyance towards her growing.

She stood there for a few seconds before sighing out loud " I know I didn't hear you just say sorry? " Dinah eyed her hard while Normani just looked at her " You're only sorry because you got caught other then that you wouldn't give a damn " she prepared to turn around until Normani reached for her arm stopping her.

Dinah looked down at her arm for a few seconds before looking back up at Normani jerking her arm away " Don't touch me " she hissed stepping closer to her so they were now face to face " When I told you to forget I existed I meant it. Whether you know it or not you hurt me it isn't no amount of sorrys that can fix that "  Dinah turned around again just to feel her being lightly grabbed again " Please " Normani finally spoke looking at the back of Dinahs head " Just hear me out this one last time after that you don't ever have to talk to me again "

Dinah stood there looking straight ahead before she turned her head slightly looking at Normani " You have nothing else to say to me Nor .. " She was cut off by Normani taking her face into her hands gently placing their lips together, Dinah lips melted against hers like fire on ice. She pulled back slightly to see Dinah's eyes still closed, she watched her for a few seconds before taking a deep breath causing Dinah to open her eyes slightly " I win at everything I do in life " Normani stepped in closing the gap between her and the taller girl " and I refuse to lose now just please hear me out "

She searched Dinah's face looking for a source of rejection but she found none letting her know she could continue on " I was scared and I was confused even slightly lost but I knew every since high school that is was something there, I thought when I went away to college that it would all go away and disappear " Normani paused looking over Dinahs face looking for a sign of understanding but like always she find nothing there was no emotion in sight.

She stepped in closer towards her feelings her breathing to increase " I thought it all went away " Normani repeated above a whisper " until I seen you in the grocery store with your brothers and it was then that ever single  feeling I had ever kept hidden from you came crashing down on me like a ton of bricks " Dinah finally met her eyes " I'm sorry I wasn't completely honest with you, but please believe me when I tell you the whole time I was pursuing you nothing was going on between me and him and that I can promise "

They stood there in silence for a few seconds before Dinah squinted her eyes while tilting her head to the side " if that's the cause why did I have to find out by force and not by choice Normani you never once mentioned that you were in a whole ass relationship you kept coming around like nothing was going on " Dinah stepped back a couple steps putting space between them " I had this wall up It was unbreakable but somehow you got through and I was slowly but surely becoming okay with that " she took a few more steps back " when that started to occur I should've went with my instincts and ran away but no you became the magnet I couldn't detach from "

Dinah took one more step back leaving arm length room between them " I was already fragile before you now I'm just damaged " she turned her body side ways getting ready to walk away.

She turned her head slightly to the side giving Normani face one more glance " I thought you would be the one to rescue me Normani I guess I was wrong " with that she turned completely and walked away.