Nine

I slowly walked down the sidewalk in this 85 degree weather dreading sitting out in the sun.

Looking down at Jonah in his stroller sitting comfortably with his little baby shades on I smiled to myself feeling my mood change slightly. It was a hot summer day in the middle of July an it didn't feel like the sun was ever going to go down.

Hearing the sounds of giggling I looked from Jonah to over at Tristan and Micah, holding each other hands eagerly ready to run towards the park in which they would've if I wasn't holding onto Tristan hand stopping them.

" okay boys we're going to play nice today no bullying and no double teaming you're not the dudley boyz " I kneeled down looking at both of them " Do I make myself clear " I spoke earning a head nod from Tristan looking at Micah I noticed him looking pass me with a small smile on his face causing me to turn around and look.

Before I could even turn fully there she was with that stupid ol pretty smile. She looked at me before looking back down to My brother " Hey man " Normani spoke kneeling down beside me Causing Micah to mumble a small hey.

Right when she was about to reach out and touch his hand I let got of Tristan's just for him to take off towards the park with Micah not to far behind.

Standing back up I watched her complete the same action. Taking Jo stroller handles into my hands I walked over to the closest bench to the playground so I could watch over my boys. Not even a minute had passed by before she walked over with that same old goofy ass smile on her face taking a seat beside me.

Taking a glance over at her looking towards the playground, I put my focus back there too. " I find it funny how you're always where I'm at " I spoke not even looking at her. " Well I thought that's what usually happens when you're stalking somebody " she chuckled lowly causing me to look back over at her with a disgusted look " Calm down love I was just kidding I run the trail everyday " she looked pass me pointing at the trail.

We sat in pure silence for a few minutes while watching the kids play with the biggest smiles on their face. I felt her looking at me a couple of times but I never returned the look.

" Why are you always so mean to me " that question caused me to look back in her direction " I'm not mean I just don't want to be bothered " I looked back towards the playground to see Micah standing by the slide watching Tristan put mulch on it " An you're continuously bothering me " I looked to my side to see her already looking at me.

" Don't you have better things you could be doing instead of sitting here " I spoke causing her to smile " Yeah Only if you're included " I just looked at her with a raised brow.

Why does she have to make things so difficult. Why does she have to be so hard to ignore it usually comes so easy for me to do but she makes doing that so much harder.

She just looked back at me with
That stupid smile I've always hated, it made me feel things I didn't want to feel. It made emotions appear that I wanted to stay hidden. " You know it's not polite to stare Dinah " she spoke breaking the silence between us " I'm not looking at you I'm looking pass you " I lowly sighed before leaning over to peek at Jonah.

" Well you must have a lazy eye then because you were clearly looking at me " stopping what I was doing to look over at her trying not to laugh I looked away feeling irritated. If she was anybody else I would've been gotten up and walked away but for some odd reason I couldn't.

Why wasn't she this straight forward in school, I mean I always caught her staring but she never acted on it until now. " what do you want Normani " I asked just to hear her shift so she was now facing my side " You that's it " I didn't even bother to look over at her because having me was not an option and I don't think it ever will be.

" why? " I lowly mumbled not really knowing why I did.

She didn't say anything She just sat there like she was trying to figure out why was I asking why. Becoming annoyed by the silence I finally spoke up.

" Why do you continue to chase after me? Why do you feel like you have to wait for me. Is it cause you feel sorry for me because if that's the case you shouldn't " 

Not breaking eye contact I just looked at her. Mainly trying to figure her out but mostly because I couldn't understand why she felt the need to stick around.

She still hadn't spoke just looked at me feeling like the conversation was over I began to gather my brothers and I things.

She just watched me still with not a word being spoken. But then again why should she stop me from doing what I had already made up in my mind to do. As I began to stand she lightly grabbed my arm, why was she doing this I thought.

Maybe because when you want something bad enough you'll do anything not to see it walk away. She just looked up at me with a look in her eyes even I couldn't put into words.

" I don't pity you I admire you. I waited around for you because I just couldn't go on with my life thinking what if I didn't " I looked down at her lightly shaking my head " Move on it'll probably be the best decision you've ever made " with that I pushed Jo over towards the playground not once looking back.