"You can see we have one of yours. We'll trade," Rick said.

"I'm listening," the woman said.

"First I want to talk to Maggie and Carol, make sure they're all right," Rick said.

We waited to hear their voices.

"Rick, its Carol. I'm...I'm fine, but..." she was cut off.

"Rick, its Maggie. We're both okay. We'll figure this..." but she too was cut off.

"You have your proof. Let's talk," the woman said.

"All right. This is the deal right here. Let 'em go, you can have your guy back and live," Rick said.

"Two for one, that's not much of a trade," the woman retorted.

My eyes searched the place. They must have been well hidden because I couldn't see them anywhere.

"You don't have another choice or you would have done something about it already," Rick said.

There was an uncomfortable amount of silence that I didn't like.

"Look, I know you're talking it over. It's a fair trade. Just come out, we do this, we all walk away. Do we have a deal?" Rick said.

"I'll get back to you," the woman said.

We waited a few more minutes.

"Okay. She isn't saying anymore. Where would they go?" I turned and walked up to the man.

"Go screw yourself," he said.

Daryl quickly hit him across the face with the barrel of his rifle.

"Answer the damn question," Daryl ordered.

"I'm not telling you shit," the man said.

"Okay. That's fine. It'll just be harder on you," I said.

I looked toward the trees.

"Abraham, where did you all park the RV?" I asked him.

"I can show you," he said.

We followed Abraham to the spot where the RV was at. All the while dragging the son of a bitch with us.

"There's tracks here," I said looking down.

"This way," Daryl said.

We quietly followed Daryl. About half an hour had already passed and the woman had yet to contact us. I couldn't help but feel guilty. Had I gone with them maybe I could have done something to help. A third person may have made it harder for them to be taken.

"Have you thought about it? Talk to me," Rick said into the walkie causing me to leave my thoughts behind.

"You weren't listening. I said I'd contact you," she said.

"Would it make a difference if I said I was sorry about that?" Rick asked.

"What do you think?" she retorted.

"I think we're gonna make the trade, so tell me where," Rick said.

"We haven't agreed to that," she said.

"You will," Rick said.

"You know what? I'm not so sure. We'd be taking most of the risk, not getting much in the way of a reward," she said.

"The other option won't work out for you," Rick retorted.

"We'll take our chances," the woman said.

I let everyone go ahead of me. We needed to get them back. If either of them were hurt, I'd never be able to live with myself. I was walking aimlessly at this point. Daryl must have noticed because the next thing I knew, he nudged my arm. I looked over at him.

"What's up?" he asked.

I looked over to the group who were a good few feet ahead of us.

"Nothing," I said.

"Bullshit. What's bugging you?" he said.

"It's just...if I had gone with them...maybe none of this would have happened," I said still looking at the group.

"Hey. Look at me," he said.

I didn't.

"Amelia, look at me," he repeated.

I stopped and turned to face him.

"None of this is on you. You hear me? This isn't your fault. We're gonna get them back," he said.

He placed his hand on my cheek and wiped away the single tear that had fallen. I nodded and he kissed my forehead.

"Come on," he said.

I followed him back to the group.