30.

Your Perspective

I slowly open my eyes, letting them adjust to the sudden light change. I look over and see Corey, sleeping softly, his arms still around me. I blush and curl into him, feeling secure. About 20 minutes later, Dr. Sheperd comes out and everyone wakes up. "We completed his surgery, however he had a tumor in his brain due to impact. We can only have 5 people at a time go in to see him. We predict he won't wake up anytime soon." We nod, and make reassuring noises. "Who will be going in first..?" Aaron, Sam, Corey, Colby and I stand up and follow him to Elton's room.

We see him. Hooked up to countless wires, tubes, and bags, not to mention, still wrapped in a full body cast. "Man..." Sam says quietly. We sit around his bed, reminiscing about the whole situation.

Time skip

Everyone visited with Elton. Our group of five however, stayed all night in his room while the others went to their hotels.

"Yeah these other guys are showing money and nice clothes, well while they're being meanies i will compliment my bros." Sam sings quietly. We all look at him. "My boy Colby been the realest ever since day one, that means after filming you know we still have our fun."

We stay silent as Colby sings quietly, "Sam i gotta hand it to you that was not half bad, you've been by my side since freshman year, You're everything i have.." He breathes shakeily and continues, "Can't forget our uncle whose been there to pay our bills, he's so sexy with that short ass beard you know it gives me chills."

I look down, knowing im the only one who knows the words. "No one told me when I met the holy Sam and Colby that I'd wanna be the cheese to their ravioli if life's only a game then theyre the trophy and I wanna be the Obi Wan Kenobi, got me beaming and streaming every single word that im speaking like what's this busting beating feeling, oh my god im screaming."

We all sing in a soft harmony, "Always chilling with my frens.. Together til the very end. Always catch us starting trends, this ones called we love our frens."

"My name's Corey Scherer and let me make this very clear, a i freaking hate Vine because it ended my career, I used to get millions of views.." His voice carries before I say "Dude dude, chill, we're making a rap song.." We all laugh slightly and Corey continues, "Oh yeah, i stalk my friends and watch them sleep i swear its not unusual, catch my Günthers in mid whip, bumping High School Musical"

"Its your girl Yin and its love my friends o clock, walking down the block with my bestie Sam Golbach, i love Colby's eyes and i always share my fries, pull up with the group and my homies looking cute." I sing, smiling softly.

"Aaron Doh and kinda cool my friends are pretty great, i just really like the fact that my bros help me get dates, they taught me how to whip, and how to do the nae nae, and even when they're gone yeah i do it on the daily."

"Always chillin with my friends, together til the very end, Always catch us starting trends, this ones called we love our friends." With that sung, we all go quiet. Moments later, i speak up, "I love you guys..." 8 eyes glue onto me, and soon, a pair of arms goes around me, specifically Sam's. "I love you too Yin.." He whispers, and kisses my cheek in a friendly way, nothing romantically involved. Another pair of arms go around me, and I hear Colby's voice whisper, "I love you fuckface". I laugh quietly at my nickname, and reply, "Thanks shithead" he smiles, kisses my cheek, and sits back down along side Samuel.

Then, Aaron walks over, and hugs me a little too tight. He then says something inaudible, but i ignore it. "Love you too Yin." With that said, he kisses my head, and sits back down. Corey jumps up and speed walks to the other side of Elton's bed, hugging me passionately.

Can a hug be passionate?

Yeah sure why not.

He gets on his knees in front of me, but keeping eye level. Sam, Colby, and Aaron all step out of the room with the excuse they were getting food. Corey grabs my hands and looks me dead in the eyes. "Yin, I love you." I dont know why, but when he said that, i blushed. "I love you too, Corey." And I meant it. I really did love him, but i love Scotty. Scotty is my boyfriend. My lover. But Corey... I think i have grown feelings...

Suddenly, there is a warm presence on my lips. I look and see Corey's lips against mine. Again. I kiss him back, but soon realize what I am doing, and stop. "C-Corey I-" "Yin, i understand. You dont like me like that. Its okai. I promise." I sigh and run a hand through my hair, realizing he won't let me explain. "Are we still cool..?" I ask. He nods and pats my leg, before walking back to the other side of the bed. Then, Sam, Colby, amd Aaron walk back in, except Aaron has a smirk on his face... Why? As soon as he sees me look at him, its wipes off his face. Sam hands everyone a pack of fruit snacks and a can of Chef Boyardee Ravioli, along side a fork. I thank him, and begin eating.

Time Skip to morning

We all wake up and sit around for hours. Suddenly, Elton's heart machine begins beeping off the chart. We all shoot up and look around, unaware of what to do. "You all need to leave." A young nurse says. We nod, and walk back into, what might as well be our hotel by now, the lobby. I create a group chat of everyone in New Zealand, and tell them what happened, i then text Mr and Mrs Castee.

Group chat- Mr. Castee, Mrs. Castee, Yin

Y- Hey, Do you guys leave soon for New Zealand?

Mr. C- Yes, we leave tonight. How is Elton, Yin?

Y- I'm not so sure, he has been stable though.

I lie, not wanting to worry them even more.

Mrs. C- That's good. How are you holding up sweetie?

Y- I won't lie, i have been better, how are you two?

Mrs. C- I'm not so well, im deathly worried for Elton, more than words can describe.

Mr. C- That goes for both of us.

Y- He's a fighter, hell make it.

Y- He'll* sorry

Mr. C- Its fine dear, but we should be going, we have a flight and we need to sleep until then, and finish packing. See you tomorrow Yin.

Mrs. C- Cant wait to see you sweetie, even if its under these circumstances.

Y- See you both later.

I put my phone in my pocket, and curl into a chair that the lobby provided. Aaron takes the remote to the T.v. and turns on F.R.I.E.N.D.S.. I smile slightly, and watch it to take my mind off of everything. With everything going on, i slowly but surely, fall asleep.

End of chapter

I hope you enjoyed