Distances

Hi guys. Let me know what you think about this new arc.. The plot is fluid right now.

------

Avni woke up next morning. She remembered last night Neil having slept with her and she excitedly turned around to talk to him, only to find his side of the bed empty!

She realized it was already 8 am. She had been late in getting up and neil had already left. Avni got up in a foul mood. She had been really missing Neil and his company. She would have given anything to spend more time with him. Suddenly someone knocked at the bedroom door.

Avni made herself presentable and then went to check. Mostly it would be one of the servants. She opened the door. It was DD!

DD -"good morning bhabhi!"(Bhabhi =respectfully addressing brothers wife)

DD gave a bright smile which avni didn't return. Her mood was still sour and DD noticed it!

DD-"kya Hua bhabhi. You're looking a bit troubled!"( What happened)

Avni -"arre DD. How come you're here when neil is not. I thought you both have again left for a tour!"

DD -"he he he. Actually bhabhi. This time Neil sir went alone. He had to meet some important local politicians and needed to chalk out some strategy! So I thought I'll check upon you "

Avni -" its OK DD. Thanks for coming! I'm so deprived of any company here that im pretty bored! Good you came. I don't know when neil will come and give me sometime though. Since we have come here he's been leaving me alone and we have hardly shared a comfortable moment!"

Saying this avni went silent and looked a bit sad. DD noticed it of course.

DD got serious -"bhabhi. Don't worry. Neil sir loves you alot. It's just that.. He's got so much responsibility here! Bahut saare villages hain and surrounding areas are very unsafe. Kuch na kuch issue hota rehta Hai!" (.. Many villages are here...some or the other stuff keeps happening)

Avni sighed -"i know DD. I understand his duty and commitments. And i know Neil was always a workaholic as well. But.. But sometimes I feel DD that Neil will give me time only if I become a case of his..jab Mujhe kuch ho jayega tabhi ayega wo.."(..when something happens to me then only he'll come)..saying this she fell quiet and wiped off a stray tear that came upon her cheek.

DD realised avni was really feeling alone and troubled. She was his wife after all and she came here to This remote region only for staying with Neil. And now Neil only had abandoned her unwittingly! DD resolved he will talk to neil about it. He  really liked avni as a person and wanted his Neil sir to be happy in his personal life as well!

DD -" don't worry avni bhabhi. I'll talk to neil sir. I promise it'll get better!"

Avni nodded thankfully at DD. And then she asked DD to have breakfast and then only leave.

Someone was observing Avni's conversation with DD. It was a servant in the house who was bribed and now working for someone else!

He went outside the house and made a call -"hello. Its me sahab. I've news. Avni madam is feeling very lonely. She's unable to talk to neil sir. DD sir seems to be a good friend of both. Sahab this is the right time to set things into motion. Let's strike when the iron is hot!"

The servant then took some instructions from the person on the phone and then smiled.

DD left shortly after breakfast as he got some call to go and investigate a crime in a nearby area!

Avni was left alone again. She thought what to do with the rest of the day. She spent some time talking on phone to Ali and her family. And then felt jobless again!

Suddenly the servant knocked and came in.

Servant -"Madam. Someone has come to meet you! A journalist called Vikram "

Avni recalled meeting Vikram yesterday and she asked for him to be sent in. She wondered why he had come!

Vikram saw avni and greeted -"hi avni. How are you. You may be surprised to see me again so soon! You're looking gorgeous actually if I may compliment you as a friend!"

Avni noticed that Vikram himself was dressed to kill. Clearly he had a nice toned body and had a good height. Plus being a journalist he knew how to really talk his way around. He was a great talker in fact. He had a stylish beard that was so in nowadays and which made him look older and mature. He looked like a model actually!

Avni-" I'm glad you're here Vikram! What brings you here to me though!"

Vikram -"Neil! I came to meet him. But it seems I missed him! You remember i told u I needed to meet him for some permissions to meet naxal leaders etc. But now it seems I'll have to wait!"

Avni -"oh. You could've checked. Neil is not here mostly. He's out on work "

Vikram -"yes I realise that now! Also how must you feel. Looking so lovely without him to see it! I must say he's a lucky man but he's squandering His time away " Saying this Vikram gave another disarming smile.

Avni couldn't decide how she felt about Vikram. He was very nice and friendly. But something made her uncomfortable. Maybe something in the way he looked at her sometimes. She shrugged herself. She realized she had forgotten what it was to meet people and was over thinking as usual!

Avni -"good you came. I'll also have a nice time chatting. Hardly get to meet good people here "

Vikram -"yeah I realise. Let me tell you we are in the same boat!"

And then Vikram and avni chatted for quite some time. They were sipping on some chai brought by the servant when suddenly Vikram got up and kept his mug.

He started looking at Avni as if waiting for something.

Avni -"what happened Vikram? Why are you looking like.." And then she felt her head swoon badly. It seems..it seems some thing was wrong. She felt she was in danger and tried calling out to the servant.

Avni -"koi Hai?" (Anyone here?)

The servant came running in. And then gave a smile to Vikram. And then he closed the door behind him.

Avni felt panic rise up her throat and then all she remembered was slipping into blackness as she slid off the sofa she was sitting on.